account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Visitor
Message 321 of 377
Message 321 of 377

Sony xa1 . Is there a fix for the touchscreen problem ive always had with this phone.

Both sides of screen don't work properly. (took me ages to text properly) 

Emperor
Message 322 of 377
Message 322 of 377

Re: Sony xa1 . Is there a fix for the touchscreen problem ive always had with this phone.

@robbie6 

Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 323 of 377
Message 323 of 377

Re: Sony xa1 . Is there a fix for the touchscreen problem ive always had with this phone.

Screen clears on diagnostic test

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 324 of 377
Message 324 of 377

Re: Problem with the touch

Dotyk po bokach ekranu nie działa

The touch on the sides of the screen does not work

gt

One time poster
Message 325 of 377
Message 325 of 377

Re: Problem with the touch

So it looks like you're never going to bother fixing the problem Sony. I've had to put up with this rubbish for about a year now stuck in a contract. I can't use any of the icons at the bottom of the screen or the pull down menu at the top and thank God for predictive text. I have to restart my phone every time I want to open a new app or make a call. Don't tell me to test the screen, I know it doesn't work around the edges. I personally know other people with Xa1s with exactly the same issue. We can't all be wrong. Terrible customer service Sony. Luckily I only have a few more weeks until I can get a new phone. I loved my z2 but there's no way I'll be getting another Sony 

Message 326 of 377
Message 326 of 377

Screen and keypad problems

This is the second time im having these problems with the SonyXperia XA1. 

The home button does not respond and brings up things i have not pressed. The Keypad, im having problems with the outer keys eg; q, p,abc etc. Its a real pain after having sent the phone to Sony for repair for the same problem. I am using the Sony Companion but its taking forever just to perform a back up

Can anyone help. 

Regards

Blondie

One time poster
Message 327 of 377
Message 327 of 377

Problem of touch screens

Problem of touch screens

One time poster
Message 328 of 377
Message 328 of 377

Re: Problem of touch screens

Comprei um smartphone xperia xa1. A tela está horrível. A barra de notificação tem dificuldade pra descer, e para eu digitar letras P, Q, número 1 e 0, tenjo dificuldade

I bought a xperia xa1 smartphone. The screen looks awful. The notification bar has difficulty going down, and for me to type letters P, Q, number 1 and 0, I have difficulty

gt

One time poster
Message 329 of 377
Message 329 of 377

Touch screen problem

No funciona el táctil en los bordes de la pantalla de mi Xperia XA1. ¿Qué puede ser?

Gracias. 

The touch screen does not work on the edges of the screen of my Xperia XA1. What can be?

Thank you. - GT

Regular
Message 330 of 377
Message 330 of 377

Re: Xa1 screen

Guys,

I have a good news for all Sony xa1 users. Don't believe in Sony customer service as they going to help for this issue.

I bought my mobile in 2017 and after this screen issue I just throwed away my mobile somewhere in my room. During every patch release I try to install to find if any solution for this issue but no luck.

Today again I thought to install new security patch but when I tried to switch on my mobile but it doesn't switched on even when I connected in charger. It means we should completly dry the battery and charger for minutes then you can see your phone can work like new mobile. It works for me, I am not sure if this is the solution but giving a try can worth your phone.

Atleast do not touch your mobile for one week to get it completely dry.

Thanks