account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

One time poster
Message 311 of 379
Message 311 of 379

Re: Touch screen not working at the edges

Same here

One time poster
Message 312 of 379
Message 312 of 379

Re: Touch screen not working at the edges

Unfortunately, they seem like there is no solution for that. Already, having 3rd time service for the same issue. First Sony replaced the phone, then display and now (tried to return phone) probably another repair as the reseller refused to refund the money.

Is it a normal thing that you're buying a phone and for now over 4 months without the possibility to use it?

Sorry but there should be a call out for the product like different companies do if not able to solve it at all.

One time poster
Message 313 of 379
Message 313 of 379

Problem with the touch

Telefon nie reaguje na dotyk w niektórych miejscach np strzałka cofnij oraz kilka liter na klawiaturze. Co mogę zrobić lub co mogę zainstalować by naprawić tą wadę? 

The phone does not respond to touch in some places, eg an undo arrow and a few letters on the keyboard. What can I do or what can I install to fix this defect?

-GT

Emperor
Message 314 of 379
Message 314 of 379

Re: Problem with the touch

@Dianaikonie 

I'm sorry to hear that, could you do the following

1. Remove any protective case, film and/or glass
  2. Clean the screen
  3. Test the touchscreen

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 315 of 379
Message 315 of 379

Sony xa1 touch screen problem

I bought a Sony xa1 

After 2 months, the notification bar didn't come when I dragged it down.

And now the all edges are not working.

I'm really disappointed. 

And I am not satisfied with the prices of Sony parts. 

I had my warranty but the seller did not accept it. 

DEAR SONY. YOU ARE MESSING WITH PEOPLE'S MONEY. 

please make sure to find out a solution for this. 

One time poster
Message 316 of 379
Message 316 of 379

Re: Touchscreen issues after oreo update FIXED!!!!!

what about action keys ....?

back , home , recent 

or corners area in any full screen apps (game / YouTube/ Alllllll where)  😖👎🤬😂

Screenshot_20190410-215802.png

and at the end of my moaning, yes Gboard is good look at mine in attached image 👍

One time poster
Message 317 of 379
Message 317 of 379

Touchscreen handset at the side edges and three lower buttons, and also the notification bar on the

تاچ اسکرین گوشی در لبه های کناری و سه دکمه پایین کارنمیکند و همچنین نوار اعلان در صفحه اصلی پایین نم

Touchscreen handset at the side edges and three lower buttons, and also the notification bar on the bottom of the phone.

-GT

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 318 of 379
Message 318 of 379

Re: Touchscreen handset at the side edges and three lower buttons, and also the notification bar on

This touch screen issue is still going since the Oreo uodate.

I have been waiting oatiently for a fix, but will be avoid Sony in the future and recommending others do too, unless this can be fixed.

I have tried all the trouble shooting as I've read through all 32 oages of this thresd.

Sony olease release an uodate that fixes this. It's not about tyoing the wrong letters on the keyboard, it'd the whole right and left hand side about 2mm in that doesn't resoond unless you start taooing further in and slide your finger over to the edge.

What software releases have resolved this oroblem?

One time poster
Message 319 of 379
Message 319 of 379

How do I get back to Android 7? I currently have Android 8.

One time poster
Message 320 of 379
Message 320 of 379

Awful service from Sony of course.

To sort the typing problem out go to the Swiftkey options, typing, then Resize the keyboard.  Shrink the keyboard away from the problem edges.

Hope that helps, it's a shame that no one from Sony or whatever this forum is could help