account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

One time poster
Message 221 of 384
Message 221 of 384

Touch screen problem xa1 after latest oreo update

i have seen other people on the fourms with the same problem if anyone has a solation please tell me or i will just call customer support tomorrow then. 

One time poster
Message 222 of 384
Message 222 of 384

Touch screen problem xa1

Touchscreen is unresponsive around the edges sony please fix this. 

Enthusiast
Message 223 of 384
Message 223 of 384

Re: Touch screen problem xa1 after latest oreo update

What's wrong

Apprentice
Message 224 of 384
Message 224 of 384

Re: Touch screen problem

I thinking on the sides Are very weak points so If u will get it replaced be careful.

One time poster
Message 225 of 384
Message 225 of 384

Same problem as others.

- touchscreen edges not working properly

-notification bar on portrait is difficult to pull down

- notification bar on landscape is impossimble to pull down

- everything on the curved part of the screen cant be detected

Visitor
Message 226 of 384
Message 226 of 384

Do Customer Services not read these forums?

I have the same issues with the screen becoming unresponsive and being unable to drag down the notification bar (both portrait and landscape) and 20% of the touchscreen map (in tests) being missing.

Chat agents know nothing, they just say to book a repair and they will "fix" the issue if they can and if it's still in warranty.

I only bought the phone in January from the website.

Seriously not impressed.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 227 of 384
Message 227 of 384

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Same problem :

- touchscreen edges not working properly

-notification bar  is not pull down

-.........and etc.

I have a lot of Sony products and I thing my last one that I buy this G3121 to sended directly to Minato, Tokyo for Mr.Yoshida from Sony Corporation with very special ask to use my phone just like me for 4 weeks to see what product his company sell me and to feel just like me how stupid you must be to belive to Sony. Now I organize my documentary and i will posted in Youtube soon as i have time and i thing will be great because I will use my Sony cameras. I thing we should make global event with hope someone from our favorite brand Sony pay some attention. 

Before my activity I just want to tell to Mr. Yoshida to get his katana and if there is no one head that he can take off to take his own head! 

Adviser
Message 228 of 384
Message 228 of 384

Re: Touch screen problem xa1 after latest oreo update

I also belong to the group that has this problem and unfortunately things in Peru are worse than in the USA or in other parts of the world and problems like this do not have a logical solution unfortunately there are 23 pages of discussion and no one from Sony says anything about a solution to the problem, sony should drop the xa1 model and re-pack the equipment with this problem.

Learner
Message 229 of 384
Message 229 of 384

Update:  Sony has had my phone since Oct 18th.  I have not received any emails stating the status of the repair, which I was told would take up to 14 business days.  Sony in Bogota could not even email me a RMA after a dozen or more attempts to my two different emails.  I finally received one from Fed Ex. I recently chatted with Bryan B. on 11/7 and he said he would escalate to his supervisor immediately and that I should check my email for an update.  I don't suppose other Sony XA1 users are suprised to find out that I NEVER got an email from Bryan B. or his supervisor.  Why does Sony repeatedly say they will do something, BUT NEVER DO???  Good God this companies customer service is THE ABSOLUTE WORST I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.  Does anyone in management even care???  Please DO NOT BUY SONY PHONES!!  Their bugs are not being fixed, and furthermore their customer service !!

Apprentice
Message 230 of 384
Message 230 of 384

So i have Sony xa1 and i let my friend replace the Screen and now edges Are working i would say that sony costumer center is ment for thouse who leave in popular coutries but Sony is trynig hard but i asked 1 of Nokia costumer services can i root my phone and he just told me: no .And i think that thats awfull just so i cant say any bad word about sony costumer center.