account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 171 of 370
Message 171 of 370

Touch screen failure

La pantalla falla al deslizar el área de notificaciones, y los botones básicos inferiores para retroceder inicio y el de menú, también no funcionan los bordes laterales curvos si el área tacnil no está en toda la pantalla deben achicar el área para no tener elementos en áreas no táctiles por otro lado es insoportable no poder revisar notificaciones o salir de una app por el tema de botones inferiores 

The screen fails to scroll the notifications area, and the lower basic buttons to back start and the menu, curved side edges also do not work if the tacnil area is not on the whole screen must shrink the area to not have elements in areas not tactile on the other hand it is unbearable not being able to check notifications or leave an app for the theme of lower buttons

-GT

Learner
Message 172 of 370
Message 172 of 370

XA1 touchscreen and subsequent fob off!

Can’t believe it. 

10 months old. Dreaded touchscreen issues. Couldn’t type a p or get drop down box to come down. 

Sent for repair. Firstly sent some email saying delay in repairing. Today get some email with a quote to repair. Over £100. Crazy. Def needs a new screen. Why this isn’t covered is beyond me. 

Anyone had this.

cant believe Sony are treating customers like this. 

Going to go to newspapers. Livid. 

Learner
Message 173 of 370
Message 173 of 370

Re: Xa1 screen

Same here.

Same. Sent for repair. Screen was perfect but they want £103 to repair! Same issues. Can’t type a p. Can’t pull drop down from top of screen.

Terrible. Why not covered under warranty. Abs disgraceful. 

Sony = never again. 

Any further from Sony? I’ve tweeted them up. Not letting this go. 

Apprentice
Message 174 of 370
Message 174 of 370

Re: Touchscreen issues after oreo update FIXED!!!!!

i changed the keyboard but still can get at the first time a,p and q

Learner
Message 175 of 370
Message 175 of 370

Re: XA1 touchscreen and subsequent fob off!

I am also having Same issue.... Bought sony only because of their product quality and services.. Its been only 13 month because of that am not even able to use my warrenty....

Fed up of sony

One time poster
Message 176 of 370
Message 176 of 370

I have the same issues, the phone is virtually unusable. i have sent it off for a repair once and it came back OK but now its failed again and now my provider are saying i have to pay for a repair but im not going to pay for something that is clearly going to fail again. Sony really need to address this problem of selling a sub-standard product that is clearly not fit for purpose.

Sony please advise what you intend on doing to fix all of our problems.

Visitor
Message 177 of 370
Message 177 of 370

Touch screen problem xa1

Touch screen problem xa1

Visitor
Message 178 of 370
Message 178 of 370

Hi,

Me I still have the q and p problem after the keyboard change....

Visitor
Message 179 of 370
Message 179 of 370

I can't believe I spent my money in a "roduct" like this. Not fair!

Learner
Message 180 of 370
Message 180 of 370

Re: Has anyone had any issues with the top corners of the screen on their xa1 being none responsive

've got the same issues as decribed and been sent the same garbage response (defects, refurb required etc...) with a £100+ price tag. Surely this is firmware and therefore the warranty is valid.

Has anyone challenged Sony on the cost of repair? How do we do this and what outcomes have people had? I