account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Learner
Message 91 of 374
Message 91 of 374

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Different keyboard has made no difference to mine, still can't touch corners and can only press p and q using swift or umpteen individual attempts

Pioneer
Message 92 of 374
Message 92 of 374

Re: Touch screen problem xa1

Amen

One time poster
Message 93 of 374
Message 93 of 374

I have the same issue. I thought my phone was damaged but no. After the update from oreo 8.1 to oreo 8.0, my navigation bar is unresponsive. It's been like 2weeks already. 

One time poster
Message 94 of 374
Message 94 of 374

The keyboard edges stop working

Translation via Google Translate:

The keyboard edges stop working

Перестает работать края клавиатуры

One time poster
Message 95 of 374
Message 95 of 374

I also have this problem since oreo.

I rely on autocorrect for my P s and Qs. 

It constantly makes me click things when scrolling too, so I am always accidentally changing songs, opening links, liking posts, etc. It also makes zooming maps very bad.

The phone is almost unusable now. I can't get a warranty because it was bought via ebay. 

PLEASE STOP IGNORING THIS PROBLEM SONY AND RELEASE A PATCH!!!! 

Inhabitant
Message 96 of 374
Message 96 of 374

Still waiting

For Sony to fix our touch screen!!

One time poster
Message 97 of 374
Message 97 of 374

Can anyone with lots of followers on Twitter send a message to Sony about this big issue? Maybe social media can get their attention on this...

One time poster
Message 98 of 374
Message 98 of 374

Worst phone I have ever owned. $150 POS. I can't access the home screen, every time I open anything on my phone I have to restart.

Visitor
Message 99 of 374
Message 99 of 374

Hi, I've sent this Forum Thread link to Sony via the chat function so hopefully they'll respond on this forum.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 100 of 374
Message 100 of 374

@afj wrote:

Edge of touch screen not responding after update. I have to tap letters "p" or "q" several times before it responds. Worked fine before oreo update. I have tried software repair but the problem persists.

Thank you.