account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

One time poster
Message 31 of 377
Message 31 of 377

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Anyone at SONY reacting to this frustrating matter after Oreo update?

My loved Xperia XA1 have become useless since installing Oreo. Before Oreo everything worked as a clock.

Now - same problem as everybody notices about keyboard and touchscreen.

Have tried everything - is this going to be my final goodbye to SONY smartphones after several years as happy user?

One time poster
Message 32 of 377
Message 32 of 377

Re: Touchscreen issues after oreo update FIXED!!!!!

Hi, I bought my Sony XA1 last year in the month of May and now I'm facing the touchscreen problem and is getting worst as everyday pass by.. First was the top corner, follow by the four side angle of the side edge.. Then now I can't even press back or minimize the screen.. I've heard that many XA1 users are also facing this problem repeatly.. Can I know should what should I do? For your info my warranty is 2 years extended.. Should I proceed to the nearest Sony Service Center to for service?? I'm helpless as each day it's getting worst, please advise me what to do.. Thanks..

Message 33 of 377
Message 33 of 377

Touch issues

OK so I got my XA1 back from the service centre.. The one that was hard bricked and they replaced the main board and the whole display, which was good as before I couldn't press the letter p or even pull down my notification draw without pressing it or sliding down several times, well I've had it back for a week only for the touch issues to resurface.. How? Its a brand new display from Sony themselves, not a cheap screen.. At the minute it's just the letter p and also in certain games, the buttons which appear at the top, which basically is the right side of the device are really hard to press. Starting to annoy me now as nothing fixes it, not factory resetting, not even XC fixes it.. It's definitely the hardware itself as its the second display I've had and both doing the same and it only seems to affect the black xa1.. My mates have the white and gold devices and they haven't got this issue and they both have had there phones since release day last year
Message 34 of 377
Message 34 of 377

I sent my xa1 to Sony 2 weeks ago, my device was hard bricked and before that I also had these touch issues, I got my phone back last Monday and they had replaced the main board and the whole display, fast forward one week and the touch issues resurfaced.. It's always going to happen.. Is yours a black xa1 by any chance as it only seems to be the black devices that are affected 

One time poster
Message 35 of 377
Message 35 of 377

Mine has started doing the same. It started with pulling down the top menu to turn on Bluetooth or WiFi and it wouldn't work. Now the outer edges are faulty. O2 blamed the screen protector so I removed that and it's just as bad.

The picture on the lock screen also keeps moving to the bottom of the screen. Great😖

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 36 of 377
Message 36 of 377

So is Sony going to sit and do nothing? Not even respond to us or acknowledge the problem? Please respond and adress the problem already. I have to point that I had the same problem with my previous xperia XA and replacing the screen did nothing so sending the phone back to the sony support is futile.

Learner
Message 37 of 377
Message 37 of 377

Yes.. The new update were not the problems neither it creates the problem 

Learner
Message 38 of 377
Message 38 of 377

For me it doesn't only occur with the keyboard but all the time , did you have that too?......

Adviser
Message 39 of 377
Message 39 of 377

I also G3116, a problem has occurred in which the end of the touch panel can not touch.
At first I thought that it is equipment failure, but it seems different.

Xperia XA1 has two kinds of touch sensor check function.
One is a support tool (Settings> Support> Tests) and the other is a service test (*#*#7378423#*#* > Service tests > Touch > Free Drawing test).

I tried each of these two, which resulted in different results.

First, the support tool could touch the full screen, and it was confirmed that there was no problem.
Screenshot_20180606-121753.png
Next, in the service test, it was confirmed that the end portion can not be touched.
Screenshot_20180606-122036.png
Since one can touch the whole screen, it can be confirmed that it is not a failure of the touch panel itself.
So I think that this can be thought of as a firmware bug.

Learner
Message 40 of 377
Message 40 of 377

Notification bar not swiping down.

NOTIFICATION BAR NOT SWIPING DOWN MOST PROBABLY AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE. PLEASE HELP FOR THE SOLUTION.