account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New update, no signal

Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

New update, no signal

No signal after oreo update which was an automatic update. Anyone has the same problem?

Wifi is okay but I don't get any signal from my provider. Before the update it worked just fine. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: New update, no signal

I found the 'real problem', it's not that the phone doesn't receive signal but it's because the dual sims system doesn't work. I try with 1 simcard and it works well as usual but whenever I insert the second simcard suddenly the phone can't receive any signal. 

Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I have same problem after update. (XA1 G3116) 

Wi-Fi  is OK.

Mobile network is disabled.
 Phone call is also disabled.

SIM card works well  in other Xperia (Z3, NTT-Docomo model)

nac
One time poster
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hi, I also got the same problem. My XA1 lost the mobile network connection after updating to Android 8.0. I reinitialized my smartphone, reset APN settings and reboot several times, but it dosen't work.

Though I did anything I can do, it doesn't solve the problem, but your post hinted to me. I just switched a SIM card to another slot, then it works!! Thaks for your post.

Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

That just like my wife's phone, I only switched the simcards and it worked. Her phone is different brand though. For my phone it can only work if I only use 1 simcard, regardless the slot, both slots are fine, just can't use both slots in the same time, although one of the simcard is deactivated. 

Visitor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I contacted SONY support via chat. And they recommended ”FACTORY RESET”!

They suspected some apps might have conflict with mobile network abalability.

I did not have any other option.

After factory reset, my phone works well. Both SIM slot are OK.

There was no cost impact, but I'm not happy...

It is not easy for me with standard IT literacy.

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I can no longer communicate after the update of the day before yesterday! (Wi-Fi is ok)

I did everything except initialization, but I did not recover.

I found this site a while ago and found out that there was someone of the same event, and immediately I changed the slot of SIM from 1 to 2, the communication was restored!

As I was able to use it as quickly as possible, it will be released from inconvenience, but what is the cause?
I hope improvement.

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

network issue

Hello

Yesterday I upgraded to Android Oreo 8 and my phone does not let me make calls tells me that there is no signal and I receive calls but I do not listen or listen to me, if I have Internet and I can also send SMS so it is not a sim problem because I already try with another sim from another company and the same thing happens.

Thank you

Hola 

Ayer actualice a Android Oreo 8 y mi teléfono no me deja hacer llamadas me dice que no hay señal y recibo llamadas pero no escucho ni me escuchan, si tengo Internet y también puedo enviar SMS así que no es un problema de la sim porque ya intente con otra sim de otra compañía y pasa lo mismo.

Gracias 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Re: No puedo hacer ni recibir llamadas

This is an English only forum. If you can’t write in English, please, use google translator. Check the thread below (Este foro es sólo en inglés. Si no sabes inglés, por favor usa google translator. Mira el siguiente enlace, hay gente que tiene tu mismo problema).

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA1/New-update-no-signal/m-p/1320298#M4571

Learner
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Help me please!