account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Manufacture warranty and how it work in Bulgaria

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Manufacture warranty and how it work in Bulgaria

Ok so here is my problem with one of my Sony phones that I have. I actually have 3 Sony phones and all they have problems. I will tell you about my XA1 that is gift to me from my friend. The phone looks like new and I was happy to accept but....here is what happened. After 1 day use I realize that XA1 with android Oreo have no function notification bar on top. I make screen test and start to Google my issue so the result was my XA1 have not working angle on right side very tiny line that what screen test (with dog picture) show - not big problem but you can’t write freely. My notification bar is bugged after upgrade from 7 to 8 AOS or Oreo that what I find in Sony topics and Google user say about this issue and unofficial info from Sony employ. I register my gift device to my account on Sony website and the web site say that have  manufacture warranty to January 2019! So I write to support team how I can use this manufacture warranty because I believe that devise have manufacture issues. I talk to support Sony Support Bulgaria and they tell me that I need the warranty from seller and receive. Well before my conversation with support them I ask my friend for document to this phone, because I tell him there is problems with this phone. So he say sorry man I buy it from pawn shop and I only have receive here is it. So I start worry about the phone I make my few checks in webs and see that phone is not stolen or no one looking for him. In android OS on the XA1 I find apps which are put there by default and this apps are to Telenor (Mobile service company in Bulgaria) so find out that I’m not first user on this phone and the first user buy it from Telenor. So in the end the phone that I have, have manufacture warranty to January 2019 which I can’t use because from support center in Bulgaria tell me that I need to have original warranty from seller ( from Telenor) and receive. Well I'm not first user but I have document - receive from pawn shop – that now  I'm the owner of the phone so the problem is seller warranty which by the way is 2 years in Bulgaria. I tell my story first to Sony Support center and tell me that they have agreement with odorized service to fix only phones with warranty from seller but they give me phone number to man from Telenor to talk with him about my problem. The Telenor guy say to me to give my phone to company support and my receive from pawn shop and they will ask Sony Bulgaria is my manufacture warranty is OK and can cover the problems.@ So I read all client policy and warranty policy in Sony Bulgaria web and I didn’t find nothing about seller warranty and what is connection between seller warranty and manufacture warranty. Actually I didn’t find any rules or policy about manufacture warranty! I read Sony warranty which was in box in one of my other phones and I there is no troubleshooting about my issue.  I think I have customer rights  in that case on my side to deal with Sony about manufacture warranty. Before I ask officially  Bulgarian Customer Commission and EU Customer Commission about my problem about is I have right or no to ask from Sony to fix that device with manufacture warranty can some one from Sony admins here give some opinion?