account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Issues with latest Android 8 update

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Issues with latest Android 8 update

Annoyances I have encountered with this morning's update:

* No mobile data access

* Swipe screen can no longer be opened single-handedly with a thumb flick

I solved the first one by re-entering my mobile data information (APN) from my cell provider (it's not like we don't have anything better to do right? I'm a technical person, but non technical people might have a harder time with this). 

As for the other problem, it's a real annoyance. I can't unlock my phone using a single hand, and even when I use two hands (one to hold the phone, and the other to swipe purposefully from the bottom of the phone to the absolute top), I don't always manage to open it. I'm wondering how this could have gotten through QA.

If anyone knows if there is a setting to adjust this, I'll give you a big virtual high five. In the mean time, I'm starting to shop for alternatives.

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Issues with latest Android 8 update

I don’t have the issues you mentioned with firmware 48.1.A.2.21. Which update are you referring to?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I have no data access when using my cell provider though I am still able to use wifi. Please provide details on how to enable data on my phone again.

Thanks!

Pioneer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@David104

Settings, network & internet, download settings for internet & mms.

If not there, ask your provider to send you a settings sms or the apn settings and you configure it manually. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks! I input the APN settings provided by my carrier and that fixed the issue.