account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

I accidentally deleted the menu icon

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

I accidentally deleted the menu icon

Как вернуть на экран значок меню находящийся по центру внизу экрана? Заранее спасибо 

How to return to the screen the menu icon located in the center of the bottom of the screen? Thank you in advance

GT

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: I accidentally deleted the menu icon

Hi @Sofiperm, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum.

If you are using more than one home screen, please check so the "Apps" icon has not been moved to another home screen. If it has been moved, press and hold on it and move it back to the home screen you want to have it at.

If you still can't find it, press and hold on an empty area of your home screen and then tap on "Settings" and make sure that "Hide Apps icon" is not enabled. If it is, just disable it and you will see the Apps icon again.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

appreciate the help , happened to me too.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Jantara, No problem at all, just glad I was able to help and that my reply was helpful! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi Jonas,

I really appreciate that you have replied & solved customers quries and also can you please look after below post and respond back?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA1/Oreo-update-issues-touch-screen/m-p/1322552#M4750

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi @Kalai1319,

There is another post in the Xperia XA1 forum where users reported that the touch screen wasn't not working correctly at the edges and users reported that sending their devices to service to have the screen replaced was the solution, which is what I would recommend as the first user that posted said he already performed a software repair and the unexpected behaviour is still there. Below is a link to the users post.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA1/Oreo-update-issues-touch-screen/m-p/1314373#M4128

If you are experiencing this behaviour, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with arranging a repair.

Keep me posted!

Regular
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi,

What if my Warrenty periods alrready expired?

This issue has came in after we done the Oreo update only but if we go to Support centre they are charging for the new screen. Is that the solution you are advising to us?

Visitor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I press and hold on an empty area of my home screen and then tap on "Settings" but can't find "Hide Apps icon". Now what can I do

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Srtare,

Look for the setting called "Enable swipe-up" and disable this one. That should give you the app icon back again.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Thank you for your helpful reply. I got menu icon back on my screen. Thanks again