account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Glitches after software update

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Glitches after software update

I am not a tech expert, so I will try to describe the situation as best as I can. Xperia assistant offered to do a software update. After restarting the phone, various glitches began to appear. Phone clock is a few hours ahead, and there are black spaces on some edges (where the screen background is supposed to be). 

5 REPLIES 5
Rookie
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Glitches after software update

Ever since the 8.0 update the lockscreen has gotten really annoying. It takes about a dozen swipes to unlock my screen.

Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

After a software update you should always "factory data reset" the phone via back up and reset. This usually solves all bugs. Remember to save you photos etc first. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Translation via Google Translate:

After the update did the reset is still a problem with unlocking. Too annoying!

После обновления делал сброс всё равно проблема с разблокировкой. Тоже раздражает! 

Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Then perform the update again using Xperia Companions "Repair Software". Until you fix it. 

I had a similar problem with my Xperia SP a couple years ago. 

When you perform the repair make sure your phone battery is fully charged and do not use your computer until the repair had completed. Remove your SD card and SIM too. 

I know it's a hassle but if it was an actual issue with the software this forum would be flooded with complaints. So far I've only seen 4 with different complaints. 

Keep flashing the update until success. 

Talent
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Any idea if Bluetooth connection issue with car stereo is fixed or not?