account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Generally unresponsive after update

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Generally unresponsive after update

So I got 2 of these phones about 4 or 5 months ago, one for me and one for the wife, and it worked great for about 2 months. But then some issues started bubbling up. First, it would start telling me that the "System UI has stoped responding". That was easy enough to fix with a reboot. But then it would start constantly crashing my phone.android, and I mean every 3-5 seconds, and I would have to go into my apps, find my Sim Kit, and all app data. Had to factory reset me and the wife's phone to fix that one. Then about a month ago both our phones started crashing programs that weren't open or that we never even use. Still haven't found a fix for that.

Now, after the most recent update, my phone has essential become a brick, a $400 brick. Programs constantly crash, the touch screen is extremely unresponsive, and when pressing the lock button to wake the phone, it can take 10-15 seconds for the screen to turn on, and another 5 or 6 seconds to actually respond to my touch. I have factory reset my phone, and used the Xperia companion to do a repair, both to no avail.

At this point, I'm not really even interested in a solution, I want to know how to apply for a refund. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Generally unresponsive after update

I handed mine in to my nearest phone shop for recycling. Bought a Samsung A3 instead. Will never even consider a Sony phone again. I had to send it for repair 3 times for the same recurring issue and yet Sony refused to give me my money back (€279), despite me being without a phone for days on end the 3 times it was being 'repaired' and me kindly and patiently playing along with their stupid process. So I'm down quite a bit of money due to Sony. Cheers! Your customer service is a joke.