account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cracked screen

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Cracked screen

So, I have had an issue with my phone. The touchscreen has a 3/4mm deadzone each side of it (where tee glass curves)  Makes it difficult to type etc... It didn't bother me that much as I had predictive text to see me through the day. Eventually I got ticked off with it and applied for a repair under warranty. Then, at work, I dropped my phone and cracked the screen... The cracks are at the top and bottom so do you think Sony will honour my warranty? Than

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Re: Cracked screen

@Me68

My opinion: I doubt it will be covered, it's going to be almost, if not impossible to tell if the issue was before the screen cracked. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@Me68

Damage by falls is not covered under warranty. 

Rookie
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Regardless of the issue existing before the drop? 

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@Me68

My opinion: I doubt it will be covered, it's going to be almost, if not impossible to tell if the issue was before the screen cracked. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I think part of me knew that Slightly frowning Face Thank you. 

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Me68

Anytime, I'm not sure if the XA1 support this but if it does, you could use an USB OTG cable + mouse > restart the phone > and you should be able to use the mouse to unlock your phone and back up everything. 

Rookie
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Everything still works on the phone and it'd backed up daily (work stuff). It Was just annoying me with the dead zone issue. I looked online and it says faulty digitizer possibly so I figured I'd send it back then dropped it less than 24 hours later. 

Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Me68

I hope, really hope, that out of "goodwill", your phone gets repaired under warranty.

Rookie
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thank you, so do I Grinning Face