account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Changing message notification tone since oreo update

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Changing message notification tone since oreo update

Why can't i change my mms tone

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing message notification tone since oreo update

Hi @Lisajane, welcome to our forum!

Is it resetting back to a default one, or are you not finding the option where you can change it?

The option to change the notification tone can be found in Settings > Apps & notifications > Messages > Notifications > Other notifications > Sound > change to your preferred tone.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I am also having this problem. I have followed the steps above but I don't seem to have all the options that you have given for me to follow 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Peter1606!

Could you try and go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Messaging > App notifications > tap on "Messages" below the categories text > Sound > change to the tone you want.

Let me know if that makes any difference! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jonas, I don't have anything saying messaging in the apps and notifications in the settings menu 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again @Peter1606!

My bad! You will need to tap on "App info" first. You will then see a list of all your applications and you can scroll down and find the messaging application (Messaging or Messages).

Sorry for the lack of instructions!