account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cast to TV

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Cast to TV

Hi all,

I have just received my new XA1, I used to have a Z1 compact. On my Z1 I could easily cast videos, photo's etc to my Samsung Smart TV. I have nevr needed a chromecast dongle to do this.

On my XA1 I can screemn mirror to my TV but I am unable to cast? On my Z1, if i tapped on a photo the cast icon button would show and I would tap it to select my TV. I don't get this icon my XA1.

I phoned xperia support and went through settings> device connection> cast  but all it would say is 'no nearby devices found'.

Can anyone throw any light on what I need to do please.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cast to TV

I use allconnect, it's really good 

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cast to TV

Downloaded Allcast and within minutes I'm now casting to my TV.

Brilliant, thank you