account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Can't see my sd card on my computer

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Can't see my sd card on my computer

I did the last system update on my phone, and now my computer don't show the SD card (it was working before the update)

I tried to unmount and mount the sd card : no effect

I tried to unistall the phone drivers on my computer and reinstall them : no effet

I tried MyPhoneExplorer : cannot connect to the phone (it see it, but give an error message after a few second (connexion to the phone couldn't be established)

Could you help me please ?

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't see my sd card on my computer

When connecting you phone to the computer, have you selected “file transfer mode” in the phone?

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes I did, like a said, it was working before the new system update, so I did the exact same thing a did before that and now, no sd card

Highlighted
Regular
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Can you remember if you had SD Card encryption enabled in the previous software version? If so that's possibly the issue. 

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Besides all that though, after every update you should always perform a factory data reset. This helps iron out any bugs that creep in during update.