account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery care from new

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Battery care from new

What is the best way to get the utmost life from the Xperia XA1 battery please.

For example, one certain laptop manufacturer recommended running their laptop down to 10% or less at least once a month and then fully recharging. Recharging of batteries is a thorny subject, so wanted to know if (any) of the below apply to the XA1 phone battery:

a) Keep it charged to the max whenever possible

b) Run it down to the lowest possible all the time before recharging

c) Recharge when it gets to x% (if so, what is x%!).

I hope somebody can help - especially if there is a Sony recommendation that I haven't been able to find.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Battery care from new

Hi @XA1user, welcome to the community.

Battery Care is built into the Xperia XA1. This will do all the work for you. Battery Care is a feature that increases the battery lifespan. It automatically detects when you leave your device fully charged for a long time, and adapts the charging speed during that period to reduce the battery wear. The feature will start a regular charging cycle that temporarily stops when the battery level has reached 90%. The feature will then resume charging 70 minutes before user data indicates that the battery is expected to be fully charged, and charge until the battery level has reached 100%. When Battery Care is enabled, you will get a message saying when the battery is fully charged. The Battery Care is a recommended feature that is enabled by default. You can, however, disable Battery care in the Settings menu.

Note! Battery Care will not control the charging until it detects a regular charging cycle. This may take several days.

When you stop charging before the battery is fully charged, you will receive a message saying Charger disconnected during Battery Care.

To disable Battery Care
  1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Battery > Battery Care.
  3. Drag the slider beside On to the right.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @XA1user, welcome to the community.

Battery Care is built into the Xperia XA1. This will do all the work for you. Battery Care is a feature that increases the battery lifespan. It automatically detects when you leave your device fully charged for a long time, and adapts the charging speed during that period to reduce the battery wear. The feature will start a regular charging cycle that temporarily stops when the battery level has reached 90%. The feature will then resume charging 70 minutes before user data indicates that the battery is expected to be fully charged, and charge until the battery level has reached 100%. When Battery Care is enabled, you will get a message saying when the battery is fully charged. The Battery Care is a recommended feature that is enabled by default. You can, however, disable Battery care in the Settings menu.

Note! Battery Care will not control the charging until it detects a regular charging cycle. This may take several days.

When you stop charging before the battery is fully charged, you will receive a message saying Charger disconnected during Battery Care.

To disable Battery Care
  1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Battery > Battery Care.
  3. Drag the slider beside On to the right.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Excellent. Thank you CameronT. I shall see how the battery care performs in the coming months.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Happy to help :smileysmileythumbsup:

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I can't find the battery care system in the settings on how you have explained in the forum. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

My Sony xa1 doesn't has this function.. Only stamina or ultra stamina. Where can I find this battery care? 

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

No one can hear me when I talk, but I can hear them. Is this a battery issue?

The phone isn't 2yrs old  and I keep it well charged.

I need some help please.