account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Message 281 of 458
Message 281 of 458

Re: XA1 touchscreen

@Mahmoudhamed84

I translated your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Try restarting your phone in safe mode and check if the problem persists.

If you think that this can be a hardware issue, I'd strongly advise that you contact your Local support and get your phone inspected by a professional.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 282 of 458
Message 282 of 458

Using warranty many times

Tháng nào cũng đi bảo hành sony thế này chắc điên mất.mà cũng chỉ 1 lỗi là mất cảm ứng hai viền bên nhà dưới màn hình và nửa góc trên bên trái muốn bỏ sony 

Every month also go to warranty this sony is crazy to lose. Also only one error is to touch the bottom edge of the house below the screen and the upper left corner to remove the sony.

GT

Adept
Message 283 of 458
Message 283 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Folks forget about getting any support from Sony here. Just lodhe a warranty claim, send it to the repairers and it will get fixed. I had to send mine to repairers in September and again last week. Yes - there's a fault with this handset it seems, however there is a 2 year warranty (in Ireland anyway) so it will get repaired. It may keep reocurring, which is unacceptable, but once the warranty expires, it will probably be time to get a new phone anyway. This whole episode has definitely soured my opinion of Sony and I will probably not continue with Xperia phones once the warranty expires on this XA1.

Apprentice
Message 284 of 458
Message 284 of 458

All of you experiencing touchscreen defect need to post your model #

There are 5 of them:

G3121 G3112 G3125 G3116 G3123

A whole lot of people having no problem at all, but many are exeriencing this defect and it's persistent, and Sony offers little or no help to most.  We need to learn which models are the defective ones and see if there's a pattern.  It could be from a specific factory or production run.  I have a G3123 operating in North America, purchased from retail store in May 2017, and having no issues.

Adept
Message 285 of 458
Message 285 of 458

Re: All of you experiencing touchscreen defect need to post your model #

How can you check? I know what the IMEI nr is...

One time poster
Message 286 of 458
Message 286 of 458

Manufacturing defect with Xperia XA1

I bought xperia xa1 in month of may 2017. After 3 months touch issue started. Upper part of screen was dead. Got screen replaced on nov 2017.

Now again same problem hs occurred within 2 months.

Worst part is that service center guys refused to repair the screen.

There are many people complaining about touch issue, it seems xa1 is manufactured with faulty screen and in replacement also they are again putting faulty screen. 

I was fan of sony but now will never recommend sony to anyone. 

One time poster
Message 287 of 458
Message 287 of 458

About the touch screen problem ..

Telefonumun dokunmatiğinde sıkıntı var özellikle üst kısımda titreme gibi veya sektirme tarzında bi sıkıntı oluyo,ayarlarda dokunmatik hassasiyetinden mi ayar yapmalıyım yoksa farklı bir çözüm varımdır yardımcı olurmusunuz.

I have trouble with touching my phone, especially if there is trembling on the upper part or there is a problem in the way of folding, I need to adjust the touch sensitivity from the settings, or I have a different solution.

GT

One time poster
Message 288 of 458
Message 288 of 458

Problem with the touch screen

Quería saber si ya dieron alguna solución al tema de la parte superior de los teléfonos Sony Xperia xa1, si hay alguien de Argentina para ir a defensa del consumidor, no quiero un teléfono reparado cuando lo acabo de comprar hace 2 meses.. Exigir un reembolso y mientras más seamos y más molesto para ellos algo lograremos.. Esto es una estafa y nadie se hace cargo 

I wanted to know if they already gave some solution to the issue of the top of the Sony Xperia xa1 phones, if there is someone from Argentina to go to consumer defense, I do not want a repaired phone when I just bought it 2 months ago. Demand a refund and the more we are and the more annoying for them, something we will achieve .. This is a scam and nobody takes charge

-GT

Adept
Message 289 of 458
Message 289 of 458

Re: All of you experiencing touchscreen defect need to post your model #

Mine is G3121. Returned from repairer for 2nd time in 4 months today.

One time poster
Message 290 of 458
Message 290 of 458

The display does not work on the edges of the Sony Xperia XA1

Доброго времени суток! Меня постигла такая проблема как не реагирование на касания по бокам дисплея! Телефону меньше месяца, носился бережно, не ронялся. Но в один прекрасный момент края смартфона реагируют 1/20 тапов. А именно не работают буквы : х, э, (стереть),й,ф,(заглавный тап). Я делал все что вы писали в инструкции, а именно все проверить ну и в крайнем случае сбросить настройки, но даже это не помогло! Что делать? Подскажите пожалуйста!

Good day! I was faced with such a problem as not responding to the touch on the sides of the display! Phone less than a month, rushed carefully, did not drop. But at one point the edges of the smartphone react 1/20 tapes. Namely, letters do not work: x, er, (erase), d, f, (title tap). I did everything that you wrote in the instructions, namely, to check everything well and in the last resort to reset the settings, but even this did not help! What to do? Tell me please!

GT