account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

One time poster
Message 181 of 458
Message 181 of 458

Any plans of a SONY recall on the defective XA1's with the bad touchscreens?

I bought an XA1 in June and a 4mm strip on the left side of the screen was unresponsive.  I sent it in for repairs through my provider, who sent me brand new unit with the same issue.  Reading these and other forums, this appears to be an extremely pervasive problem.  Does SONY have any plans to recall these bunk handsets?  Thanks.

One time poster
Message 182 of 458
Message 182 of 458

About mobile

Mobile is good in processing and camera but pathetic in touch my touch is not working mostly have these problems so i want to change my phone is it possible or i can upgrade it to sony xperia xa1 ultra by giving some extra money in showroom 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 183 of 458
Message 183 of 458

Re: About mobile

Hi @Vikash1077, Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this Slightly frowning Face 

If you are seeking a refund or replacement you will need to contact the retailer you purchased it from or your Local support team, as this is an international user forum.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 184 of 458
Message 184 of 458

Re: Any plans of a SONY recall on the defective XA1's with the bad touchscreens?

I have the same issue but over time (about a month I have had the phone) it has gotten worse. At first it only really effected the p key but now I cant hit send half the time on messenger and can no longer drop down my notifications. This is really frustrating and I would like a recall to happen immediately! 

Forum Legend
Message 185 of 458
Message 185 of 458

Re: Any plans of a SONY recall on the defective XA1's with the bad touchscreens?

not unless it affects the majority of the users.try to have it sent back again, and show them the problems

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 186 of 458
Message 186 of 458

Also I have problems on the touchscreen the dx part is not sensitive, how can i fix it?
I've seen that it's a common problem for a lot of xperiaXA1 Dual sim buyers
Greetings.

VDD
Regular
Message 187 of 458
Message 187 of 458

@noramlb - This definitely affects the majority of users if you didn't notice.

Message 188 of 458
Message 188 of 458

@VDD you can't say that for sure. it only affects some of the people that registered on this forum and posted about this problem. to find out if it affects the majority, you'd have to ask each and every one XA1 user about the issue.
VDD
Regular
Message 189 of 458
Message 189 of 458

@najodleglejszy - When you see so many complains on this forum, gsmarena, and you hear that from official local Sony support what else do you need?

Is it possible you post a comment like that and before posting you didn't saw on this same forum over 200 posts of complains? Ask yourself then how many people just trow it to the garbage or complains at all Sony support centers in the world?

But I suggest you find it out by youself and start going from door to door and ask every user, maybe Samsung did that when they recall deffected Note.

Apprentice
Message 190 of 458
Message 190 of 458

Hey guys, anyone else is facing problems with 4G LTE signal too along with touch issues ??

I never get full network in my service provider using 4G. Whereas, the same sim in iPhone works like a charm.... I'm worried about the future of the mobile. Is it due to any software bugs ??