account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Rookie
Message 441 of 458
Message 441 of 458

Re: XA1 keyboard issue.

I just went into PLAYSTORE and clicked uninstall SwiftKey keyboard. So now I have an older version of the SwiftKey keyboard and it working perfectly. Still having issues with phone turning itself off randomly. 

Inhabitant
Message 442 of 458
Message 442 of 458

Re: P & Q keys not working on XA1

@jj_laaksonen wrote:

Today my XA1 got an update to 48.1.A.2.50. The touch screen problem is still there. Changing keyboard to Gboard or anything else does not solve the problem.

Several people have reported that sending their phone to service center for display change does not solve the problem. It is definitely software problem, because it has begun after Oreo update. Some people have downgraded their phone to Nougat and they do not have this problem. But not everyone can downgrade because it requires unlocking bootloader and flashing earlier ROM by themselves.

I have misunderstood that downgrade thing. I does not require unlocking bootloader. There are quides in the net how to do that.

I tried today Nougat stock firmware 40.0.A.6.175 and the touch problem is still there. In the service menu test screen you see the problem clearly when swiping your finger from the edge towards center. But when you swipe from center to the edge the line is drawn almost at the very edge of the screen.

Also using a stylus pen helps little when writing on the keyboard. So I think that this is partly hardware thing (there are faulty displays installed, even those "genuine" ordered from eBay) but partly software thing (how the touch events are calibrated because it behaves differently with finger that with stylus pen).

Now I'm curious about the warranty if I have replaced the display myself. I think I have ordered original Sony display, so the warranty should cover spare parts, too.

Learner
Message 443 of 458
Message 443 of 458

Touch Screen not working

I had purchased Experia XA1 in Dec-17, within 4 months itself touch screen was not working. Luckly it was under warranty so replaced by sony. it took 15 days for replacement. I was very frustated that how come within 4 months touch screen is not working, touch screen is like a most basic feature and it should be with good quality. Sony was Known for its quality and this was the reason i selected Sony but i could have purchased other phone on same price with many features, ok eventually screen was replaced.

Now again the same problem, top corner part of touch screen is not working. I am really pissed off with phone. I will not recommend anyone to go for Sony and will share my pain on Social media also.

Learner
Message 444 of 458
Message 444 of 458

Re: P & Q keys not working on XA1

Same for me..

One time poster
Message 445 of 458
Message 445 of 458

Notification panel does not go down unlocked screen

Hello.

I was given an Xperia XA1, which was reset and so on. But I have a problem. You can not lower the notification bar on the unlocked screen, whether in landscape or portrait mode. On the other hand, locked it works very well ...

I do not understand too much. I repaired via the companion but nothing.

Please, help éè (PS: Sorry for my google english ^^")

Visitor
Message 446 of 458
Message 446 of 458

Re: Touch not working

I am so frustrated with the XA1 and Sony's unwillingness to own up to the problem that I have gotten to the point of actively giving this product bad ratings and feedback online and with carriers (and on the forum).

Last year, after a few months of problems with the edge of the screen, I managed to convince Sony to "Service" it (after going through the motions of factory resetting the phone many times, because it doesn't take long to restore a phone, right? UGH). It came back with the overall screen sensitivity cranked way up - p and q would work, but I could hit other keys merely by approaching my finger to the screen at times.

The previous update introduced the absolutely unjustifiable lock screen issue, and this problem returned. I guess Sony reset the screen settings that the tech had "fixed". This p/q/1/0 problem can cause serious lapses in communication when timing is essential. It sounds like a small thing, but recently I wanted to text the following time-sensitive message to a friend: "No wait, buy tickets for 20:30, not 20:00". I'll be damned if I didn't have to punch in each 0 three or four times. The screen kept registering 9s. Then I had to peck at backspace, which is also on the edge, so it wasn't working, Then I tried to select the text (which unfortunately was on the edge of the screen) -- no dice. Absolutely, utterly infuriating.

My solution: I GIVE UP.

I bought a Samsung with a 0.5" bigger screen (that works), but the same case size. The salesperson mentioned that they recieve XA1s for servicing in droves, and that he now warns customers against buying it.

The XA1 is utter junk. Never buying a Sony phone again.

One time poster
Message 447 of 458
Message 447 of 458

Re: Edge Side Touch is not Working Speicly during keypad typing

I can't see my notifications 

One time poster
Message 448 of 458
Message 448 of 458

chrome does not scroll smoothly

chrome does not scroll smoothly on my xperia xa1 phone, I tried to reinstall the system by sony application without the effect, please help because this teething when scrolling the page is really annoying, thanks in advance

Learner
Message 449 of 458
Message 449 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

In portugal , Vodafone costumer, wen sended to technical suport they say its not their foult... i have less then a year on my phone... it didn't start for 3 to 4 days and then te touch screen began to be faulty.
(first blackout in month 06 and again in about 2 weeks).
wen asked for repair , they said, "even without clear damadge on the screen some falls might be responseble for the problem" and wont fix it...
Its a shame, the phone has less then a year, and its a problem that has too many costumers complaning from it... how can they pretend to be nothing

Shame on Sony, never again

Learner
Message 450 of 458
Message 450 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Same. Sent for repair. Screen was perfect but they want £103 to repair! Same issues. Can’t type a p. Can’t pull drop down from top of screen.

Terrible. Why not covered under warranty. Abs disgraceful. 

Sony = never again.