account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

One time poster
Message 68 of 458
Message 68 of 458

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Screenshot_20170608-132618.png

457 REPLIES 457
Regular
Message 1 of 458
Message 1 of 458

Edge Side Touch is not Working Speicly during keypad typing

On top of it touch responses are so sluggish. Touch not responsive on left and right corners and also top corner. Notification bar shortcuts doesn't work on single touch like Wifi, data, Bluetooth. you have to first select the respective shortcut and manually turn it on to work it further. Really surprised to see that in this cut throat competition Sony is still stuck to old proprietary apps with no new features. Sony's Album app is worst ever app compared to the other picture viewer.

Learner
Message 2 of 458
Message 2 of 458

Touch screen problem view this test from my XA1

Screenshot_20170529-144058.pngTest 1 see right side

Screenshot_20170529-144030.pngTest 2 free drawing see right side

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 458
Message 3 of 458

Re: Touch screen problem view this test from my XA1

Hi @Nervermore and welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you are experiencing it difficult to perform this test that would most likely indicate that your touchscreen is in some way damage.

If you have a extra screen protector on your device I recommend that you try and temporarily remove it to see if it may cause this behavior. I would also recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion to make sure that nothing software related in your device is causing this behavior. 

If you are still experiencing the same behavior I'd recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair.

Let me know how it works out.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 458
Message 4 of 458

Re: Edge Side Touch is not Working Speicly during keypad typing

Hi @Anup1991, I am sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Do you experience the same things in safe mode?

Also remember, Android is completely customisable. If you are not satisfied with the preinstalled apps you can always change them with an alternative from places such as the Google Play Store.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Regular
Message 5 of 458
Message 5 of 458

Display and touchscreen issue

Just bought this phone a month ago. Got 2 issues at the same time. My color display becomes dull, adjustment do not change a thing. And same as others the right top screen do not respond. Just wonder will sony replace to new phones, or do they found any solution on this? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 458
Message 6 of 458

Re: Display and touchscreen issue

Hi @breeze, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your handset. Can you please test your phone in safe mode to see if it does the same thing?

Regular
Message 7 of 458
Message 7 of 458

Yes i check that in Safemode also but the problem is same touch of the corner is not working and now the upper corner is also not working i fed up seriously 

Learner
Message 8 of 458
Message 8 of 458

Hi, just brought my XA1 few weeks ago and have this same issue. I've notice that keys at the corners are hard to press so I tried to use service test *#*#7378423#*#* if my touchpanel have a problem. I think XA1 is just a headache.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 458
Message 9 of 458

@Anup1991 & @Nervermore

I am sorry to hear that. I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange a repair assessment.