account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Adviser
Message 451 of 458
Message 451 of 458

Re: Edge Side Touch is not Working Speicly during keypad typing

unfortunately sony is not taking into account the forum, according to what a Sony assistant told me, but he told me that for there to be a solution or that they are and announce a solution is that we present claims that lead to more than 300 complaints from people from otherwise there is no logical solution so change for a new team xa1 the problem presistira, to put the batteries and start with the claims can ask for your ticket as well as this: *personal info hidden*

One time poster
Message 452 of 458
Message 452 of 458

Touchscreen is not working

Hello, I had bought a XA1 a few months ago, loved the phone. As a month ago my bottom part of my touch screen the top two corners are very hard to get working . I can't not go back on my phone unless I tap it several times or it don't work at all .neither does the home bottom or the tab button. I'm sick of this .Don't tell me to test the dignostics cause I already tried and still I get the same result. The corners on the top, the p on the keyboard. I tried different lauchers and nothing makes it work. How do I actually fix this problem?

One time poster
Message 453 of 458
Message 453 of 458

Re: Touchscreen is not working

I do have the same problem & I replaced the screen but after 2-3 months later it came again I think it's very sensitive or cheap quality

One time poster
Message 454 of 458
Message 454 of 458

Translation via Google Translate:

It happens exactly the same.

The sides of the screen do not work and the top part does not lower the curtain

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo. 

Los lados de la pantalla no funcionan y la parte de arriba no baja la cortina

Inhabitant
Message 455 of 458
Message 455 of 458

Latest update 48.1.A.2.73 (Customized NOBA) has not yet corrected the problem.

Visitor
Message 456 of 458
Message 456 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Side not working

One time poster
Message 457 of 458
Message 457 of 458

Display screen touch not proper working uper & Down side

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 458 of 458
Message 458 of 458

Have posted to this forum twice and both times my posts seem to have vanished.

So I'll post here. with a little update.

Having the same issue. Safe mode reveals the extent of the issue. Almost all of the sides of my screen don't work including 90% of the bottom of the screen.
This curve is horrendous.

Texting with Q, A, Shift or using the 123 button on left rarely works. No amount of tapping helps, It's just random. Same with the right side with P, L, Delete and Return buttons not working.
Since the last major software update all this has just happened in one go.
No update since. May was the update that started it all.
Have done an Xperia Comapnion repair to see if that helped, but nothing. If anything it's now worse than it was before.
All that did was wipe a ton of data including update history so I cannot see the exact date. Just remember it was a May update that did it.

I have managed to fix the texting isse with a resize of the keyboard in Settings/System/Language & Input/On-Screen Keyboard/SwiftKey Keyboard/Typing/Resize.
Just pulled the sides away 1 or 2mm.
Of all the places I have asked for help including forums, where I got the phone and my local store who are linked to my carrier network provider. None of them had any clue how to fix this.
Thank god for my persitance ay. Now it works like a charm like before and I can now use my texts which is the main reason I got this phone and that's all I need it for other than the camera for taking pics of barcodes "For Work" Mainly need it for my company portal/Yammer.

This screen though. Very cheap or just very bad design quality with very little testing.
I work in a very hot warehouse and need to keep my phone on me at all times.
It's in my pocket and keep the screen facing inwards towards my leg as I always bash my leg working on fork lift and pallets and some very large packaging.
Recenlty pulled it out and noticed two very distinct circular patches that will not wipe off. Looking closely they do appear under the screens layers. One large and one very small. Large under the selfy cam and one small one under the light sensor.

DSC_0383.JPG

Love this phone. Was right in my budget.
But...

Not only the update has caused me issues with the screen, but it does appear that heat is an issue for it also.
Less than a year old at this point !!

Never had anything like this happen with any other phone ever.

So I'm at a loss. It started as a software issue and now a screen issue.

Spend a little extra and sort your screen and software out Sony !!!