account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 341 of 458
Message 341 of 458

Re: Touch screen

@Metalwolf34

can you test your device?

Could you test the touchscreen?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

Also, does your phone has a protective case, film and/or glass?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 342 of 458
Message 342 of 458

There is no problem from right to left, but it does not react when tilted vertically to the right or left corner. There is no problem in the upper and lower corner.sketch-1524768409561.png

Emperor
Message 343 of 458
Message 343 of 458

@Metalwolf34

does your phone has a protective case, film and/or glass?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 344 of 458
Message 344 of 458

No preservative film I could use the corner points without problems before

Emperor
Message 345 of 458
Message 345 of 458

@Metalwolf34

then it's time to get it inspected by your Local support

Visitor
Message 346 of 458
Message 346 of 458

Re: Edge Side Touch is not Working Speicly during keypad typing

Translation via Google Translate:

The device as a whole is not bad, but the touchscreen is simply disgusting! Moreover, the edges do not work, so also the yellow spot opposite the flash appeared after using the "flashlight" function. And this is for many users. Already annoying to rotate the display when typing, go there ... I'm already beginning to regret that I bought this model!

Аппарат в целом не плохой, но тачскрин просто отвратительный! Мало того, по краям не работает, так еще и желтое пятно напротив вспышки появилось, после использования функции "фонарь". И это у многих пользователей. Уже раздражает поворачивать дисплей при наборе текста, туда сюда... Уже начинаю жалеть, что приобрёл эту модель!

One time poster
Message 347 of 458
Message 347 of 458

Touch screen problem

Dear Sony,

I bought my Sony Xperia XA1 a month back. I am facing a touch screen problem with this device. I felt it mildly on the left edge of the phone after few days i bought it. This problem keeps getting worse and now most of the left screen of the phone isn't responsinve to touch. How can this be solved?

I am from Sri Lanka. Please let us know if you have an agent here to get this repaired. 

Thanks,

Charith

Message 348 of 458
Message 348 of 458

Re: Touch screen problem

@CharithW

Contact your Local support to get the phone inspected by a professional.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 349 of 458
Message 349 of 458

Re: Touch screen problem

Boss this problem is each set Sony xa1 I also facing this problem my cell was change 3 times with in a year

One time poster
Message 350 of 458
Message 350 of 458

Xperia XA1 touch screen problem.

A few days ago I noticed that my Sony Xperia XA1 wouldn't respond to touch at the edges, I looked on a number of forums to see if anyone else has had the issue and if there was a way to fix it, I haven't dropped the phone and it doesn't have any cracks, scratches or dints in it.  I've tried everything to try getting the touch screen to function normally again by restarting the phone, doing a factory reset and the software repair using the Xperia companion but the problem is still there.  A lot of people have complained about the same issue and it seems to be a common one so I'm guessing that the warranty will cover this if I sent it in to get fixed, my phone is still under warranty since I bought it within the past 4-5 months.