account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

One time poster
Message 321 of 458
Message 321 of 458

Not working screen

After the latest update which is oreo, my Xperia xa1 had trouble in its back key as well as the screen doesn't work properly. 

Apprentice
Message 322 of 458
Message 322 of 458

Re: Not working screen

Hi there, This is a common problem faced with the XA1, you need to send it in for warranty, they will fix the screen for you, Mine happened around circa 3 months in, the whole thing became completely  unuseable, it starts on the sides and progresses towards the center,

Clearly they did something wrong, because globally many of us has experienced this issue, and its both frustrating and disappointing coming from a huge company like sony.

Not to mention, the XA1 isnt the cheapest of phones around, one would expect at least a decent QC with that price, else have we been betrayed by Sony?

Cheers. 

Visitor
Message 323 of 458
Message 323 of 458

Re: Not working screen

Is there any chance they will replace my device with a new one? 

Learner
Message 324 of 458
Message 324 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

I have had this problem with my XA1 (G3116) thrice now. First time they replaced the handset. Second time they repaired it. Now I've given the phone yesterday for the third time.  And the warranty period ends on April 22nd. And if the problem persists even then, I'll have to pay for the touch screen problem. I haven't been provided with any kind of assurances earlier and this time they won't provide me either. I regret buying this phone now. What's the point in buying a phone which remains in service center all the time. I'm done with Xperia smartphones. Won't buy them again. I've written things in such a way because I feel I wasted Rs.20,000/-. I had bought this phone with the same trust I had placed in my old Xperia ZR (C5502) which I'm using even now. 

Visitor
Message 325 of 458
Message 325 of 458

I have given my mobile for repair under warranty. service Order number OD109176924884210000. After buying with in 1st month, it's touch stopped responding from right side of the screen. We decided to give it for repair but I bought it for wife because she was not having other mobile, so we decided to give it later. But slowly it's bottom side also stopped responding to touch and after few months it's all the side stopped responding to touch. But it works in remaining area. Today when we visited to service centre, we were told that because mobile has few physical damage it will not be repaired under warranty. I search google and found it is common problem with XA1 series. I am expecting Sony should repair it as a goodwill. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 326 of 458
Message 326 of 458

Yes!

The entire upper part of my screen edge is unresponsive when trying to seipe down my notifications and quick settings... EXCEPT from the lock screen.  It works easily when my lock screen is on.  It is absolutely unuseable in the standard portrait configuration.

When turned into landscaoe, I can kind of get the notification tray to swipe down, but it can be difficult.  It is quite difficult to type the letters 'q' and 'p' using gboard.  It was nearly impossible to type them using standard included swiftkey.

Sony, please fix this.  It is a software oroblem, because the edges all work fine when in the android lock screen.

One time poster
Message 327 of 458
Message 327 of 458

Upgrade XA1 touch screen problem

Hello, after upgrade my sony xperia xa1 my touch screen start to have some problems in the borders, and the only solucion from sony was send my phone to them and waith 18 days for some solucion, all this with out my phone, somebody else have this problem?

One time poster
Message 328 of 458
Message 328 of 458

Re: Upgrade XA1 touch screen problem

Hi just sent my g3121 for the same issues 

One time poster
Message 329 of 458
Message 329 of 458

I have a problem with the touch

Orjetuje się ktoś przez co to jest 

Someone is getting ready for what it is

GT

One time poster
Message 330 of 458
Message 330 of 458

The sides of the screen not working

Someone can help me please, the left and right side of my touchscreen are not working, i don't know why but this makes me nervous and angry, if someone can tell that is a screen problem and i have to go to fix it or i can fix it by my own with screen settings or something like that.  Xperia XA1 (6 months)