account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Message 301 of 458
Message 301 of 458

Re: Dragging down of notification bar

@Riia

Does this also happen when you restart your phone into safe mode?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 302 of 458
Message 302 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

A class action suit would be the next move. 

One time poster
Message 303 of 458
Message 303 of 458

Touch problems on XA1

Hi,

I am based out of Noida, India. I bought XA1 last year & I slightly noticed that the touch was a bit rough near the corners and edges (like pressing 'p' and '1' is extremely difficult).

I recently googled this stuff and found out that users all over the world are facing this issue in xperia XA1. The touch doesnt always works near the corners and edges & also the unlock pattern faild when the phone is kept on a horizontal flat surface.

My phone is still under warranty, please help me in this regard.

Visitor
Message 304 of 458
Message 304 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Yes! i gto exactly the same issue since the first day!

Learner
Message 305 of 458
Message 305 of 458

Top right area of screen does not work

Top right area of screen does not work

It's the third time it happens, I've been exchanged for new panpantalypa and it works badly and I love it as veiveel tecltec tamptamp

Zona superior derecha de pantalla no funciona

Es la tercera vez que ocurre, me han cacambia ll panpantalypa nuevamenuevfunciona mal y ahaho como veiveel tecltec tamptamp

Emperor
Message 306 of 458
Message 306 of 458

Re: Top right area of screen does not work

@Ldelapegnam

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

I'm sorry to hear that, but this is a global user based forum, you will have to contact your Local support to get it inspected/repaired. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 307 of 458
Message 307 of 458

Re: Sony Xperia XA1 touchscreen problem

I've contacted watchdog I suggest everyone does the same, offcom and the ombudsman 

Adept
Message 308 of 458
Message 308 of 458

Re: Sony Xperia XA1 touchscreen problem

I was banned from this forum for complaining about having twice sent for phone to be 'repaired' and now it's happening again! Ha ha. Sony - how the mighty have fallen. They'll be the next Nokia.

@Keiran

One time poster
Message 309 of 458
Message 309 of 458

Re: Re:Sony Xperia XA1 touchscreen problem

I had the same exact problems and in addition my bluetooth only works when it wants to.. 

One time poster
Message 310 of 458
Message 310 of 458

touch screen does not work at the edges

Tengo un sony m4 Aqua. Ni bien lo compré tuvo fallas con la pantalla, aparecían franjas de color. Me lo cambiaron por estar en garantía. Ahora desapareció la camara frontal. Dice que no existe. 

Me compré el xperia xA1, y a mi hijo también. Los dos desde el inicio tienen problemas con el touch screen. Sobre todo en la parte superior y en los bordes. Como los compré fuera de mi país no puedo cambiarlos.

NUNCA MÁS SONY.

I have a sony m4 Aqua. As soon as I bought it, it had flaws with the screen, colored stripes appeared. They changed it to me for being in guarantee. Now the front camera disappeared. Says that does not exist.

I bought xperia xA1, and my son too. The two from the beginning have problems with the touch screen. Especially on the top and on the edges. Since I bought them outside of my country I can not change them.

NEVER MORE SONY.

-GT