account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Visitor
Message 291 of 458
Message 291 of 458

Re: The display does not work on the edges of the Sony Xperia XA1

Same issue for me - had the phone about 6 months - was fine for the first few weeks, then there was a software update and since then it is very hard to pull down the top of the screen, and virtually impossible to type letters at the left or right of the keyboard.

Coupled with the problems I'm now having connecting this phone to wifi and bluetooth, I'm really wishing I hadn't bothered with the XA1.  I won't be recommending this phone to anyone.

One time poster
Message 292 of 458
Message 292 of 458

Problems with the edges of the screen

Hola, me compré haces unos meses el xa1. Comencé a tener problemas con el táctil más o menos al mes de la compra, primero lo asocie al vidrio templado, pero cuando le saque éste el problema persistía. Ahora está en el servicio técnico, el cual me comunico que observó un roce en una de las puntas del celular lo que podría ocasionar un problema con la garantía. Alguien sabe cual es el próximo paso en caso del no reconocimiento parte de la garantía? Gracias 

Hello, I bought a few months ago the xa1. I started to have problems with the touch screen more or less a month after the purchase, first I associated it with tempered glass, but when I removed it the problem persisted. Now it is in the technical service, which I communicate that I noticed a touch on one of the tips of the cell phone which could cause a problem with the warranty. Does anyone know what the next step is in case of non-recognition part of the guarantee? Thank you

GT

One time poster
Message 293 of 458
Message 293 of 458

About touch issue in sony xperia xa1

Anyone is here who is not suffering from touch issues in sony xperia xa1 ..... Like many persons are saying that xperia xa1 has touch issues .... 

Message 294 of 458
Message 294 of 458

Re: About touch issue in sony xperia xa1

Im not able to see my quick settings panel it refuses to open my ph is 3123 and i bought it 5 month ago. Its hard to use letter P and A.

One time poster
Message 295 of 458
Message 295 of 458

Touch screen problems

Hola, tengo problemas con la pantalla . Las teclas a y p a veces no funcionan y tampoco funciona el menu desplegable superior...  Saben que puede ser?

Gracias 

Hi, I have problems with the screen. The a and p keys sometimes do not work and the top pull-down menu does not work ... Do you know what it can be?
Thank you

GT

One time poster
Message 296 of 458
Message 296 of 458

Touchscreen not responding to open Notification try

Touchscreen is not responding properly. After recent update on 5th Jan, I have to press very hard to open or need to try multiple times to open Notification tray and this thing works fine wen screen is locked. And many times while typing letters on edge won't respond 

Message 297 of 458
Message 297 of 458

Re: Touchscreen not responding to open Notification try

@Phani_h

Try performing a diagnostics test for your touchscreen in Settings -> About phone -> Diagnostics

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 298 of 458
Message 298 of 458

Re: Touchscreen not responding to open Notification try

I have the same problem
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 299 of 458
Message 299 of 458

Re: Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

Yes very much! It only seems to happen when it's cold (Scotland), but I've found that getting it warm using sunlight helps until it's cold again.

Learner
Message 300 of 458
Message 300 of 458

Dragging down of notification bar

During the 1st month of using XA1 dragging down the notification bar is not difficult. But on the second month up until now (5months) it's difficult to drag it down. I have to swipe my thumb down more than 5 times or even 10 just to drag it down.  😭😭😭😭 Help me please I don't know what to do. I even remove my tempered glass because I thought it would help but nooooo.