account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Anyone having issues with the side of the screen not working

One time poster
Message 131 of 458
Message 131 of 458

Having touch sensitivity problem along the edge of the screen.

Could not type the words along the right edge of the keyboard namely l,  backspace,along the edge from top to bottom... Any solution? 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 132 of 458
Message 132 of 458

Xperia XA1

I made the XA1 my first ever Sony mobile purchase. First impressions I was amazed at what I was getting for the price. Unfortunately I have experienced a host of issues since. The first problem I encountered was the lack of screen touch response in sections of both the right and left edges. Which I ignored because after tapping the section 7 or 8 times I would finally get a response. The biggest cripple to my experience was the phone becoming stuck in a bootloop which caused an excessive amount of heat to my phone. What fixed this was simply plugging in the charger, strange huh? Well it would temporarily solve the problem until the phone done it again and I committed to a software repair after saving all my data. I was hoping that would be the end of that. Especially since I was left with a 2 inch yellow strip down the right side of my screen whenever there was a white display on it, like now as I write this. It was fine displaying other colours however. Disappointed I was left thinking about moving back to iPhone. But what really tipped me over the edge was the phone yesterday randomly flicking between apps just as I had taken a photo of some street art... A forced reset solved that but with this experience of my first Sony and Android mobile I am now massively deterred and ordered my new iPhone today. I no longer want to experience those things again. In this day and age of mobile technology all I want is a solid problem free experience which I always had with Apple. I would begrudge paying a silly amount so I have purchased a refurbished one which will no doubt still perform better than this experience. I sound spiteful and I admit it but wouldn't you after a awful six weeks of this? I hope for the majority sake I was a one off but I can't even be bothered sending my phone off to Sony (which Sony Care UK asked me to do). The difference with Apple doesn't stop at products, Apple would supply me with a temporary phone too or simply swap for another. Why should a customer who paid £250 for a new product be made to have no phone while analysis and repair takes place? Sorry Sony but your mobile division is nowhere near as reliable as your game console. 

Regular
Message 133 of 458
Message 133 of 458

Re: Xperia XA1

sony are saying due to bend they won't do on warranty and I'm arguing the case I've had my XC longer and no bending even with its smashed screen and no case (been using solid case for xa1) lmao any advice because its apparently bad batch according to xda but sony don't seem to recognise that phones shouldn't bend haha how is it not a manufacturing error??? Bad quality of metal?? 

Learner
Message 134 of 458
Message 134 of 458

Re: Xperia XA1

@Dan371 ps don't lose hope this is first Since the Walkman series that has gone wrong for me, got to be a design issue some where my bet is the chassis, in theory could make touch go and as we found out thru the apple fan boys it can kill wifi, signal, bat/performance via heat, heat distribution, and ofc bending

One time poster
Message 135 of 458
Message 135 of 458

Touch screen problem

My device top and left and right corner touch not working? What is the problem 

Visitor
Message 136 of 458
Message 136 of 458

Re: Touch screen problem

Same to me

Visitor
Message 137 of 458
Message 137 of 458

Xperia XA1 Touch screen problem

The touch screen unresponsive and getting worse as now some of the area of screen totally fail in response(especially the area from right edge). I had tried safemode, restarting, formatting, changing the screen protector and restart with unmount SD card but still fail. It leads problem in typing messages especially the aphabet P O L M Q A Z and send button. Totally lost the function as a smartphone! And also the noticfication bar unable to pull down to switch wifi, data and other. 

Message 138 of 458
Message 138 of 458

Re: Xperia XA1 Touch screen problem

@Hudson_Low

Go to Settings -> About phone -> Diagnostics -> Test -> Touchscreen. If during the test you could not be able to activate all the parts of the screen, then you might need to contact your Local support and get your device inspected by a professional.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 139 of 458
Message 139 of 458

Re: Xperia XA1 Touch screen problem

Yeah or better still dial *#*#service#*#* and do the enhanced tests

Edit - diagnostics is also in app menu haha

Regular
Message 140 of 458
Message 140 of 458

Re: Touch screen problem

Send it back to sony before any thing else goes wrong!!! Cus they won't accept on warranty if anything else happens