account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia xa1 ultra mic problem

Learner
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

xperia xa1 ultra mic problem

Hi,

2 Days ago there was no problem with my phone mic. But suddenly, mic isn't work anymore. I can't record voice or talk with someone on phone. Can you please help me about this problem. İs it hardware or software problem?

Thank you very much.

17 REPLIES 17
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: xperia xa1 ultra mic problem

Hi @okolay,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

I recommend that you test you microphone in your devices built in diagnostics tool to see how it behaves there. You can do so if you go to: Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Microphone. Is it showing the same behavior in this test?

I would also recommend that you restart your device to safe mode to see if this behavior is caused by one of your downloaded apps as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode.

If there still is no change I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Note! This will completely reset your device and it is highly recommended that you create a backup prior to resetting your device.

Keep me posted how it goes or let me know if anything I've written is unclear. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Hello Emil,

I bought Xperia xa1 ultra few months ago. I am facing the same problem with microphone. At first, the problem was sporadic. However, recently after updating it to Android 8.0 the problem has become persistent. 

The microphone works if I use it (i) with loudspeaker, (ii) connecting the headphone or if (iii) I charge the phone.

I have followed all the steps you have mentioned but no good result. I am really frustrated with it now. 

Learner
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

after the new update i can record my voice with wassup or  i can give a voice comend but still there is no voice the person's phone  i talk with.  I mean i mic is working as a recorder but cant use while i talk with phone....

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Hey okolay,

are you sure, the microfone issue isn't a hardware problem?

I had exactly the same situation with my old XPERIA T3 STILE and it was a hardware problem.

That could be the reason why u can call someone but your talk partner isn't hearing anything.

"Gear up, we aren't going for a windy walk here!"
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Hi, what did you do to solve this problem? I have the same problem with the microphone, at 3 weeks after buying the equipment. Q disappointment. I have 2 months that I have the equipment and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Only with headphones or in a loud voice. I took it with the provider but it worked at that time for my bad luck. How can I fix it, Thanks

Hola q hicieron para solucionar este problema. Tengo el mismo problema con el micrófono, a la 3 semana después de comprar el equipo. Q decepción. Tengo 2 meses q tengo el equipo y a veces funciona y se veces no. Sólo con audífonos o en alta voz. Lo llevé con el proveedor pero funciono en ése momento para mi mala suerte . Como puedo arreglarlo,  Gracias  

Emperor
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

@Estrellita_plata

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Does the mic stop working while on a call? recording video? or using a third party app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Hello! Same problemas, mic checked, after xperia companion works fine, after android upgrade still does not work. Even in safe mode.

During a call with hands free works fine too. 

Help! 

Learner
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

for the love of god please someone teach us how to fix this problem. i can record voice. i can give a commend on youtube with mic. but cant talk on the phone. only speaker... i think this is not hardware problem if it does why i can do all thoose??

SONNY team w8 for ur answer

Learner
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Same problem here. Any solution?