account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

xperia xa1 ultra bluetooth issue with phonak hearing aids

Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

xperia xa1 ultra bluetooth issue with phonak hearing aids

I purchased the xperia xa1 ultra in late april of 2019. I purchased the phone to use with my new phonak audeo marvel 50 312t hearing aids.....Phonak says this phone will work with the hearing aids....I can connect the right hearing aid which gives the ability to hear and speak conversations....I went to playstore and installed the phonak remote app.....it will not link with my phone.....I need some help.....Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: xperia xa1 ultra bluetooth issue with phonak hearing aids

@buck2 

I'm sorry to hear that, but since that's a third party app, it will be up to the app developer to address the issue (compatibility and/or any other app restriction)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Phonak suggested I contact you..  What should I do at this point.... I love my phone... It just needs to talk to the phonak app

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@buck2 

Not sure why they would suggest that, neither Sony nor any other phone manufacturer can do anything about a third party app

You should contact them again

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonova.phonak.rcapp

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your quick response  .. I have an appointment on the 15th with phonak dealer Lexington hearing and speechs... We will go from there....

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@buck2 

Could you elaborate more on the issue, maybe we can find a way around it, are you able to install the app? if you do, can you open it? do you get an error?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hello again... I have installed the Phonak remote app.... When I turn on location and Bluetooth the app will not pair with my phone.... What's next

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@buck2 

what if you pair the phone with the hearing aid before you sync the app? 

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have paired the phone.. .. It connects with phonak but only to hear on my phone or take calls through the hearing aids....the phonak remote app would allow me to change volumes, programs, and many other things.... The app will not pair.... Help... . 

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@buck2 

I was afraid of that, indeed that will be up to the app developer to addressed that issue.