account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

update 48.1.a.2.101

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

update 48.1.a.2.101

I have the Xperia XA1 Ultra and this new update popped up. This appears to be a security patch. Has anyone had problems with it?  If it does have problems, I'm not interested in taking time to factory reset my phone... again... 

8 REPLIES 8
Learner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: update 48.1.a.2.101

Very bad update hot phone and very lower battery 

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hello, just yesterday I get to my XA1 plus, I have not installed it. Also, do not install update 48.1.A.2.73 (https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA1-Ultra/Update-48-1-A-2-73-has-issues/td-p/1352097#gref) because I have read that it has many problems and from this last one (.101) I want to inform me if it is worse or better than the .73
regards :Guiño:

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem updating it as it keeps saying 'pending network.' What could be the problem  

Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I updated this for week and it's smoother than before and fixed alot of bug go for it guys btw battery the same good as we used from the phone no worries 

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

It appears the battery usage is slightly heavier since updating and there is some form of issue syncing / keeping the correct time since updating, time appears to slow down when in standby. Noted incorrect time by up to 30mins so far upon awakening handset, although it does report correct time on lockscreen, unsure if there are any other bugs as yet.

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Battery drains from 100% to zero in just few minutes... Since update. 

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Since the update My battery is draining rapidly😵

100%-30% in 6 hours with out using it.

System use only. 

2min of screentime - checking the clock😊

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I can't update my sony xa1 plus as well. After all the updating process, it will just say "could not install update". I really wanna update because my phone keeps on lagging and prompting the "process not responding" warning everytime. It's annoying.