account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XA1 Ultra rapid battery drain

One time poster
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: XA1 Ultra rapid battery drain

Exactly the same issue here. 18 months old, no new apps, updates on. Battery life goes over the cliff edge. 

Very dissapointing. 

Rookie
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Does Sony have any official response to this problem. I just got this issue starting a couple of days ago. I can now literally watch the battery % drop as I'm typing this. Like other people mine is just over a year old and just outside of warranty. How can something like that happen? In previous phones the battery would just slowly over time not hold a charge but with this one it was fine one day and terrible the next. 

One time poster
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

I am experiencing the same issue.

My battery useage usually leaves me with about 50% at the end of the day and gets charged over night. Has been rock solid but then suddenly (last few days) it has started going straight to 1% randomly and without getting hot. 

I have tried *#*#7378423#*#* to get into the service menu and it reports that the battery is good. Performing a factory charge also did not fix the issue.

To me it looks like a software issue, if it was dendrites (crystals growing and shorting out the cell) it would get really hot, possibly catch fire, and explode = a very dangerous situation.

I will be contacting sony to see what can be done, and top see if the phone is now dangerous to use.

Whatever happens this needs to be resolved as it is not fit for purpose, which is a consumer right extending to the life of the product. 

Here is some data for interest:

Info on dendrites and batteries: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/smartphone-battery-life-lithium-ion-future 

Screenshot_20190723-153150.pngScreenshot_20190723-153222.png

Learner
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Sony will not acknowledge the problem. They won't even bother to reply with an exceptable answer, S to when we can expect a security or firmware update.

One time poster
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

I had the same problem. Did factory reset and it fixed issue 100 %

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

I have a question here, my phone won't go up when charging, do you think it may be the battery or charging port? The phone still says charging and doing it for a few hours but it only charge up to 12%, and won't move up to 100% I can replace the battery but I don't know if it is the issue or charging port?

Rookie
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

I have the same problem, and i've been having it since April.
Started after an update.
Sometimes the phone won't even charge. The battery will go down during charging.

One thing that helps me prolong the charge is to restart the phone. I notice, however, that sometimes the bluetooth is on when it restarts. I don't use bluetooth. So i have to turn it off.

I might be blind but i haven't seen any reply from Sony about this. If so, that is really poor,

I have two acquaintances with the same phone and the same problem. Different ages on the phone.