account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XA1 Ultra gyroscope / compass calibrate inaccurate issue

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XA1 Ultra gyroscope / compass calibrate inaccurate issue

Hi all,

I have the latest version updated on my XA1 Ultra. But I have found that my compass is very incinerate while using in Google map and other navigation map. I tried to reset my phone without installing any apps, go into service test , compass calibration. But Google map still showing compass accuracy in 'low'. And the compass sometimes turning around messy while navigation. I knew someone has posted this issue with XA1 but not XA1 Ultra without any solutions yet.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA1/Compass-accuracy/td-p/1227648

Anyone has success calibration in Google map high accuracy ? 

Screenshot_20171013-000317.png

Screenshot_20171013-101303.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XA1 Ultra gyroscope / compass calibrate inaccurate issue

Well it's 2018 and I'm still having that same problem on my Xperia XA1 Ultra. Let's hope Sony gives us a solution soon because this is just basic.

Regular
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XA1 Ultra gyroscope / compass calibrate inaccurate issue