account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi connect button greyed

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Wifi connect button greyed

For the last two days I have been trying to connect my Xperia XA1 Ultra to my university network. I can type in all information but the connect button stays greyed out. Since I have been using the same network with the same setting on my Xperia m4 aqua for the last two months I have no idea on what else to try.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wifi connect button greyed

Hi @Rvnxsoul, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about this. Do you experience the same issue when you connect to any other WiFi connection?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

University WIFI has specific security settings which not supported by Android (probably)

Ask IT manager of University for correct setting or bring your phone+beer to him, he will fix your problem

Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

For networks that only require a password and no identity, everything works just fine. Connecting to my home WiFi was no problem. 

Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I'll do that and see if he can fix it. Thank you Slightly smiling Face