account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Vibration on Sony Xperia

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Vibration on Sony Xperia

The vibration on my Sony Xperia has stopped working. I have tried restarting with no success. Please suggest a different method. 

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Vibration on Sony Xperia

Hi @CHABA, sorry to hear about this.

Have you been able to carry out a quick test in the support app in order to see if the vibrating function still works as intended? In order to do this, find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Vibration

The reason that vibrating feedback suddenly stops working might also be that STAMINA mode has been activated automatically to save battery power. Try turning of Stamina mode by going to Settings > Battery > Stamina mode.

Try this and let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Martin, initially when I restarted the phone there was no difference. Now I switched it off waited a few minutes and started it again. Then I followed your instruction and did the test and it worked but when I tried it a second time it didn't work anymore. Do you think that maybe it is a soft ware problem?

Thanks 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you @CHABA for your quick reply! 

It is hard to say to be honest, It might be a good idea to try to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the battery drains as fast there. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here. 

if the behaviour persists in safe mode, i suggest that you try to repair the software on the phone using a computer and Xperia Companion. Keep in mind that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so it is advised to do a backup of your user data before proceeding with the repair.

Try this and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.