account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Touchscreen ghosting

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Touchscreen ghosting

Hey ccvortex,

i bought my Xperia in a electronic store and i dont think that the problem is coming from the place where the phone is coming from.

But i have news what @Peacefrogs also said with the top inch of the display.

I tested the last days with the glitch and when the glitch is happening, you have to touch very softly the display.

If you touch and press it realy hard it will be glitchy.

But how i said in my last post, it always happens on my phone when the battery is getting hot like in games or very hardware active software.

"Gear up, we aren't going for a windy walk here!"
Apprentice
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Thanks for the above but in my case the battery is not hot at all. Furthermore, if I shut the screen off and turn it back on the glitch goes away for a minute or two but then comes right back.

Again my battery is not even warm when this is happening.

Apprentice
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

This my second attempt to update the forum on why this is happpening - apparently Sony did not like my first post as it was removed.

The reason this is happening is a known issue at Sony. The digitizer is seperating from the screen. Sony will repair it if it's:

a. under warranty, and

b. if you have proof of purchase

Repairing it takes 18 days. Repairing it also means putting a new digitizer in it - unfortunately it'll be the same flawed unit that will eventually fail again anyway.

I have spent about 2400 USD with Sony over the last five years on Xperia phones for my wife and I. This stops now.

Thanks all, good luck.

Learner
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Thanks for the follow up!

I can't go without a phone for that long, waiting for them to fix it, only to have it glitch out again.
I'll put up with it for a little while longer, but it's embarassing sometimes when I cant accomplish simple tasks with my phone.  I find that tilting it works, so that the screent rotates.  but this does not work for the home screen.  I think i'm done with Sony Phones too.  I'll probably go with the Moto G5 plus.

I need to be confident that a product will be reliable.  And this is not reliable.  Sometimes things go wrong and how a company responds can really make a difference in my level of satisfaction.  I feel that Sony's solution is not acceptable.

Thanks again!

Apprentice
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

I'm using a Moto G5+ right now as a temp replacement until I decide what phone company to switch to... I don't think you'll like it after using an XA1 Ultra. It's small and pretty slow - really slow, actually.

If you really want the G5 then may I suggest you use the Nova Launcher, otherwise your config options with the Moto will be limited.

Signing off for good.

@Sony, you can go ahead and delete my account, I'll not be using your products any longer, ergo will not need support.

Apprentice
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

I have the same problem, but I can't find any solution.... Any idea for solving this isquemia? 

Apprentice
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

For me it's the same...

And even happen in safe mode

Learner
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

On my Sony selecting "3G only" for Internet removed ghosting. 

Visitor
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

This frustrated me for long but I finally think I got this taken care now.

Turn the adaptive brightness off.

Please come back and confirm if it worked.