account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Stop all Sony Xperia XA1 vibrations

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Stop all Sony Xperia XA1 vibrations

I get vibrations with various app notifications (varagesale, my alarm company app, etc)....I don't want any vibrations at all, how do I disable these? When I look in settings > apps & notifications > app info > app name > app notifications, there's no vibrate toggle...

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Stop all Sony Xperia XA1 vibrations

Hi @Rooty, welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, there is no way to turn off vibrations in general, but you should be able to turn them off one by one exactly the way you mention (I assume you have android Oreo):

settings > apps & notifications > app info > calendar (for example) > app notifications AND under the ‘categories’ section, choose one (it varies depending on the app). There you can find the vibration toggle.

However, depending on the app, the section I mention could not be displayed.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

That's my problem....I don't seem to have that option...see screen cap:Screenshot_20180520-110410.png

Pioneer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

If I’m not wrong, there is no way to prevent vibrations if you don’t have that option in its notification settings. However, you can follow this if you’re dare enough...

https://www.xda-developers.com/stop-vibrations-android-apps/

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Rooty!

As @Jetzu wrote, it seems that the developer of this specific application has not added support for turning off vibrations when you receive a notification from it.

You can however check if you can access a Settings menu from either the three dots in the top right corner when you have the application open, or if there are three lines in the top left corner, where you can turn off vibrations.

I have noticed this with some applications that I personally use and it's very annoying as I don't really like vibration on notifications either. Slightly frowning Face

If you search for the application in the Google Play store there should be a contact Email address where you can send an Email to the developer of the application and forward the feedback regarding turning off vibrations.

Let us know if you get a reply! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.