account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony xa1 ultra fast charging problem

Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony xa1 ultra fast charging problem

When I purchased the phone, the battery becomes full after an hour of charging. But when I updated the phone to its current software update, the charging time doubled. Is this normal?

10 REPLIES
One time poster
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Device does not charge

• The charger does not work
  • A red LED appears
  • My cell phone does not charge
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Device does not charge

@Sad_girl@Jaymz

are you using the original sony charger or a 3rd party one?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

My sony xperia xa1 ultra charging problem

It's take to much time for charging 

Around 3.14 hours

I'm using Sony genuine charger and fast charger  but I have sill problems 

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

The mobile takes too time for full charging,that means more than 6 hours,what's the reason

The mobile takes too time for full charging,that means more than 6 hours,what's the reason

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Charging issue

Hi. My phone is less than a year old and has developed a charging problem. It will not stay on charge. At first I thought it might be might be my charging lead, so I bought a replacement Sony lead, but it is not that. After a Google search of other forums I've discovered I'm not the first to encounter this. Any suggestions? 

Visitor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Re: Charging issue

Same here.... I think it is after the Oreo update..... Sony support what  is happening? Need your help.... Or is tjis one of schemes so thay we buy a new XA2 ULTRA.... 

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: Sony xa1 ultra fast charging problem

Around a week ago, I started to experience this same issue. I'm from Colombia. I bought my phone a year ago, so I believe it's because of a software update.

Please Sony, fix this problem.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Sony xa1 ultra fast charging problem

I have had this problem a while now, over 4hours to full charge with Sony plug and new Sony cable. Xa1 ultra

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Re: The mobile takes too time for full charging,that means more than 6 hours,what's the reason

Me too