account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia XA1 stays in logo after boot after drop on water

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sony Xperia XA1 stays in logo after boot after drop on water

Hi. 

My Xperia fell on the water recently and I do not know what to do. It's been two days. I have it in rice and I've tried to dry it with my hair dryer to see if it can turn on again. I plugged the carger today and it was loading normally until it started turning on but then it got stuck in a white screen with the SONY logo.

What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sony Xperia XA1 stays in logo after boot after drop on water

@Alejandra98 

I'm sorry to hear that but you've done everything you can to save your phone, although the hair dryer might not be a wise move; you could contact Sony to get it inspected but it seems that you'll need a new phone.

One last thing you could try is: if the phone does charge and a computer recognize the phone, you could try Xperia Companion but it's a long shot.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)