account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra

Safe mode don't want to go away even after a restart  please help 

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra

@Mzwa 

if your phone has a protective case, remove it, as it might be pressing on the volume keys that could be causing the problem

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Problem occurred while it was the case was out, that volume key don't work, now m worried, its the second day today, some of my downloaded apps I can't find them 

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Mzwa 

you have to repair the phone, as long as the volume keys don't work you won't be able to exit safe mode, the only way it might work, is if you repair the phone with Xperia companion, but doing so will delete ALL apps.

I just realized something, you can't use Xperia Companion since the volume key has to work. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Mzwa, I am sorry to hear about this.

As @uliwooly mentioned, the volume key is crucial in order to do a software repair. So if the volume key on your phone has stopped working, I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to have your phone sent to a service center to be examined and repaired. 

If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.