account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Recent apps question

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Recent apps question

Hello,

How many recent apps can be accessed using this functionality. I have noticed that not all the apps used/visited are shown. For example say i opened the calendar app in the morning and used/visited multiple apps during the day. Now in the evening if i look for the calendar app in recent apps its missing and happens with most of the apps that was accessed during the day. Didnt have  this issue with my previous Sony (Z3)

Thanks

Shashank

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Recent apps question

I am almost positive that there are only a certain amount of resents that are stored. For some reason the number 25 stick in my mind but I could be totally off here. I haven't found any way to adjust this number either. But, most of the apps that I use the most are there so it is working. 

If it were to keep all the apps you opened running in the background you would will lose RAM fast. So I'm guessing, with it's RAM management it shuts down apps that are idle after a certain time limit too. That and it's limiting the total amount running.