account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Ps4 remote play

One time poster
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Ps4 remote play

Hi guys I'm new here and I'm looking to upgrade very soon and I like the look of the XA1 Ultra but I want to know if it is ps4 remote play compatible if not what other Sony models support it?  Thanks 

20 REPLIES 20
Emperor
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Ps4 remote play

@thefatman

The XA1 doesn't support that feature

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Hi @thefatman, welcome to our forum and I'm happy to hear that you are interested in one of our devices! Slightly smiling Face

As @uliwooly wrote, the Xperia XA1 is not compatible with PS4 Remote Play and will not get support for PS4 Remote Play in any coming software updates.

The following devices supports PS4 Remote play.

• Xperia™ XZ1 Compact
  • Xperia™ XZ1
  • Xperia XZ Premium / XZ Premium Dual SIM
  • Xperia XZs / XZs Dual SIM
  • Xperia XZ / XZ Dual SIM
  • Xperia X Compact
  • Xperia X / X Dual SIM
  • Xperia X Performance / X Performance Dual SIM
  • Xperia Z5 Premium / Z5 Premium Dual
  • Xperia Z5 / Z5 Dual
  • Xperia Z5 Compact
  • Xperia Z3+ / Z3+ Dual
  • Xperia Z4 Tablet
  • Xperia Z3 / Z3 Dual
  • Xperia Z3 Compact
  • Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
  • Xperia Z3v
  • Xperia Z2
  • Xperia Z2 Tablet

I hope that helps and let me know if there is anything else! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

Remote Play for PS4

As I just figured out, is that there is no remote play on this device as of now.
Will there be remote play for this device in a later update or near future?
Is it even possible for this device to actually support Remote play?

I thought it was pretty neat because it has a 6 inch screen and pretty decent specs.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Re: Remote Play for PS4

Hi @Nimfix, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been on vacation.

I'm afraid that the Xperia XA1 Ultra will not get support for PS4™ Remote Play in a coming software update.

I hope that answers your question!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra Remote Play

Hi all. 

Just a little curiosity before I buy an Xperia phone.

Does Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra support remote play?

If not, what Xperia devices are compatible with remote play?

Thank you for your time.

Fleonharth.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Thank for that very helpful info. 

That way I can avoid buying a cheaper phone (XA1) that dien's support Remote Play. 

Regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Hi @Fleonharth, welcome to our forum!

I'm happy to hear that you found the information helpful! Slightly smiling Face

I should also add that the Xperia XA1, Xperia XA1 Ultra, Xperia XA,  Xperia XA1 Plus or Xperia XA Ultra will not get support for PS4 Remote Play in any coming software updates, in case you were wondering about this as well.

I have updated the list of devices that does support PS4 Remote Play and Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact have been added to the list.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Thank you. 

I've been looking into the info about the XZ1 and XZ1 compact on the sony website as well.

To be honest the XZ premium is still a bit expensive on contract and I'm looking to upgrade soon.

Seems like the closeste to the XZ premium are the XZ1's.

Abou the normal XZ1. Is the processor an octa core? As when I loom for info it doesn't say but on the XZ1 compact it shows the same cpu and it says is Octa core.

Once agun thank you for the helpful info.

Fleonharth

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

Hi again @Fleonharth! Slightly smiling Face

You are correct, the closest device to Xperia XZ Premium is the Xperia XZ1, however it's smaller in size and the Xperia XZ1 Compact is even smaller.

All three of these devices have the same CPU (Snapdragon 835, Octa-core (2.45 GHz / 1.9 GHz).

The Xperia XZ1/Xperia XZ Premium both have 64 GB of internal storage and the Xperia XZ1 Compact have 32 GB internal storage, however both have support for SD cards.

You can find some more information on all three devices on the links below, regarding specifications and if there is some information that you can't find, I will do my best to assist you with that information! Slightly smiling Face

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz1-compact/specifications/

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz1/specifications/

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz-premium/specifications/

I hope that helps!