account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone bending / Screen adhesive wearing on side of screen.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Phone bending / Screen adhesive wearing on side of screen.

It appears that my phone is bending right at the power button. It also appears that the screen itself is splitting, separating, from the side frame.

I never use a case and never sit on my phone. 

I believe when the phone gets too warm the adhesive starts to slowly loose its strength. The force is flexing the material of the phone's frame.

The worst it's been is the power button completely unable to be pressed.

Running Android Oreo

What should I do. imagejpeg_2.jpgBending at the power button

imagejpeg_1.jpgScreen adhesive worn. Screen splitting from frame.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Rookie
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone bending / Screen adhesive wearing on side of screen.

imagejpeg_0_01.jpgZoomed in power button. Screen separate

Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@megazoneex

I'm sorry about your phone but the phone can't bend on it's own, you should contact your Local support to get it inspected. Do you keep the phone in your back pocket, maybe you didn't sat on it, but if it was in your pocket and you squat or bend down perhaps it cause this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply.

Knowing that the phone is thin, I mostly use a phone ring holder. It would be rather silly to squat with a phone in your pockets. 

However, wouldn't the bend be not as subtle as it is now but rather more define if I kept it in my pocket and squat? One would have to be quite vigorous with the device would they not?

Though I understand this model is a mid range phone, should the screen of all things be seperating? 

Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Do you think the battery, perhaps, might be beginning to swell?