account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Orange Spot/stripes on the screen

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Orange Spot/stripes on the screen

I have a sony xperia xa1 ultra, my problem is that the screen does not give an image but shows only vertical orange stripes

How can it be solved?

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Orange Spot/stripes on the screen

@John_Blonde 

That seems to be a hardware issue, but you could try to repair it with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

it does not work because the screen is striped and does not let you see anything

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@John_Blonde 

Just run XC on your computer > turn off the phone > and connect the phone whenever you are prompted to do so (keep the phone off)

side note: make sure to charge it for an hour or so before you repair it.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)