account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No sound when I receive text messages

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

No sound when I receive text messages

I get no sound for incoming text messages. I have configured all notifications in every place possible, changed the sound, reset the phone, reset all the default settings. I have done what everyone in other forums have suggested and it doesn't do anything. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: No sound when I receive text messages

@Beautybomb 

are you using the preloaded ringtones? 

are the loudspeakers working? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @uliwooly, thanks for replying, yes the speakers are working

I ran a diagnostic test last night and had hubby call and message me. I did notice this morning my message light was flashing (USPS delivery update) so that's good but there was no sound. I am only using the preloaded ringtones. I even went through and tried some others. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Beautybomb 

I'm sorry to hear that, what if you clear the app data > restart the phone ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Sorry for the late response, I have tried that. It keeps saying  "Message hidden". It is so stupid I can't figure this out and it's driving me nuts. I checked all the settings, turned off the automatic rules. Everything is set so it should pretty much be blasting at me to let me know there is a message! 

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Beautybomb 

How about if you clear the app data again and then boot in Safe Mode