account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Microphone issue / peria support by Sony, Service Request: 1-40395586454

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Microphone issue / peria support by Sony, Service Request: 1-40395586454

Guys, since yesterday it seems, that I have issue with my microphone when I am using the phone app.I read many threads in this forum and applied proposals but nothing helped. Safe mode, another SIM card, Restate telefone. When I use loud speaker, then the other call participant can hear me, but as soon I move to normal mode, they can't hear me anymore.

Video reording, call over Viber, Call via headset, loudspeaker all fine.

The level of the hardware tests is quite low, so I expect hardware issue. 

Is there anything else, befor I go to the hardware guys?

Adroid version is Oreo 8.0.0

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Microphone issue / peria support by Sony, Service Request: 1-40395586454

Hi @Chilo, I am sorry to hear about this.

the XA1 Ultra-model has a total of two microphones. A main microphone located at the bottom of the display used in calls and a secondary microphone used for other recordings such as video and calls on loudspeaker. To see where these microphones are located, please see item 4 and item 11 the overview of XA1 Ultra.

First of all I would suggest that you  check if there is water, dust or any kind of protection such as a protective case or a protective film blocking the microphone or the area around the microphone.

I would also suggest that you use the Tests feature in the Support app to carry out a quick test to check that the loudspeaker is working properly. In order to do this, fins and tap Settings > Support > Xperia tests > Media.

Another thing that you can try is to reboot your phone in Safe mode. All apps downloaded from Play store is deactivated in safe mode and by doing this you can see if there is a downloaded app that is causing this. For more information and instructions on how to enter safe mode, please click here. 

If none of these measures work to improve the sound from the microphone I would suggest that you try to perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so remember to do a backup of your user data first. 

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, it looks like a hardware issue...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you @Chilo for your quick reply!

In that case I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team. They can help you to have your phone sent to an authorized service center to be examined and repaired. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Feel free to return if you have further questions!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.