account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Keyboard letters re-arranged

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Keyboard letters re-arranged

Not sure why or how this happened. the letters in my keyboard are different from the normal setup. 

It rearranged its self. So my top row of letters which was once "Q,W,E,R,T,Y,U,I,O,P" is now "Q,W,F,P,G,J,L,U,Y". how do i change it back to the normal setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: Keyboard letters re-arranged

Hi @Oaokhiria, welcome to our forum!

It does sound like you have changed the keyboard layout in your device and you can revert this back to the one you previously had if you go to Settings > System > Language and input > On-screen keyboard > SwiftKey Keyboard > Languages > tap the language that you use and at the bottom of the screen you will now see the different layouts that are available and you can scroll through them until you find the one you want.

Once you find it, tap with the finger on it and it will be selected.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@Oaokhiria 

That's rather odd, have you flashed the phone? does this happen with ALL apps or just an app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Oaokhiria, welcome to our forum!

It does sound like you have changed the keyboard layout in your device and you can revert this back to the one you previously had if you go to Settings > System > Language and input > On-screen keyboard > SwiftKey Keyboard > Languages > tap the language that you use and at the bottom of the screen you will now see the different layouts that are available and you can scroll through them until you find the one you want.

Once you find it, tap with the finger on it and it will be selected.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

OH MY GOODNESS. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH. it worked Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Oaokhiria, awesome!

You're very welcome and sometimes the solution is easier than you think as it was just a little setting that needs to be changed. Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day and feel free to let me know if there is anything else I may help you with! Slightly smiling Face