account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to turn off perdictive text?

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

How to turn off perdictive text?

I cant get my perdictive text off please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to turn off perdictive text?

Hi @Tiddle,

If you are using the preinstalled keyboard app SwiftKey, you can disable so that it automatically inserts the predictive word but you cannot hide the prediction bar. To disable automatic inserting of the predictions, go to: Settings > Languages & input > On-screen keyboard > SwiftKey Keyboard > Typing > Typing & autocorrect > Auto insert prediction > Off.

If you want to completely disable the prediction bar I recommend that you try downloading a different keyboard app from Google Play Store.

Let me know if this answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Tiddle,

If you are using the preinstalled keyboard app SwiftKey, you can disable so that it automatically inserts the predictive word but you cannot hide the prediction bar. To disable automatic inserting of the predictions, go to: Settings > Languages & input > On-screen keyboard > SwiftKey Keyboard > Typing > Typing & autocorrect > Auto insert prediction > Off.

If you want to completely disable the prediction bar I recommend that you try downloading a different keyboard app from Google Play Store.

Let me know if this answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Anytime @Tiddle! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering about! Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I read that you select lanuage and swift keyboard- typing-typing autocorrect-auto insert predication-off    There is nothing like that on the L3  and I want the predictive turned off,  I simply cannot use it.