account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to protect my xperia

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

How to protect my xperia

How to protect my xperia
How can I protect my malware from entering the Google Chrome browser?

Como proteger mi xperia

Como puedo proteger mi xperia de malware al entrar al navegador de Google Chrome?

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to protect my xperia

@Jhonny29 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

You could install an antivirus app but as long as you download apps from the playstore and you stay away from dodgy sites you should be ok, also make sure that you do NOT allow install apps from unknown sources

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Jhonny29 

Settings > on the search bar type > unknown > install unknown apps > make sure that EVERYTHING on the list its set to:  Not allowed 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Jhonny29, welcome to our forum!

As @uliwooly mentioned, you should be fine if you only install applications from the Google Play store.

There is also an inbuilt protection in Google Chrome that will block access to suspicious websites that can contain, for example, malware and you will see a big red screen with further information.

I hope that helps and have a great weekend! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.