account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Does XA1 Ultra support VoLTE ?

One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Does XA1 Ultra support VoLTE ?

Hi;

Does Xperia XA1 Ultra support VoLTE ?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Does XA1 Ultra support VoLTE ?

Hi @habipermis, welcome to the community.

According to the whitepaper, the Xperia XA1 does't specifically say that it supports VoLTE, however, please note that it is specific to your carrier and you need a subscription that supports VoLTE. It is up to them to roll out the feature for your device.

Slightly smiling Face 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

VoLTE support for XA1 Ultra on T-Mobile?

I have been told conflicting information. Does this device -the one sold via Best Buy (G3223) - support T-Mobile VoLTE?  

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

This is really a poor customer support answer from Sony.  Sony should know that one of their phones they are retailing through the largest electronics chain in America (Best Buy) will support VoLTE through one of the largest Cellular providers in the country.  I, too, am getting no answer from Sony and because T-Mobile does not sell the phone directly, they could not answer that question either.

Adviser
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Yes, It supports VoLTE. Check how to activate VoLTE on your phone:

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaxa1ultra/kb/801930746ffcf563015c0bfaac370057e6/

Regards,
Rama Krishna Chinnam
Apprentice
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Hi I can't activate the VoLTE feature on my device, any advice?

Visitor
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

VoLTE support

Sony Xperia xa1 ultra suport volte or not

Commissioner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Re: VoLTE support

its supported NOT by all carriers.

IT can work at AT&T in near future (after AT&T will do upgrade) and not working at TMobile.

It probably can work at O2 London and disabled at 3.

Call your carrier and ask it VOLTE activated in network mesh and how to activate it.

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Volte not Working in Xperia Xa1 Ultra

Hi I have bought Sony Xperia Xa1 Ultra G3212 model from UK. After Few days i come to my Native place India for Work . in that in indian sim volte not working on my handset. please help me out of this. India cc said please buy a new handset from india but its not possible for me 

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Sony blaming T-Mobile for the missing option is ridiculous unless Sony is admiting that a carrier can alter the Operating System on an unlocked phone sold through Best Buy. This will be my last Sony. I'm going LG next time.. Much better interface. Sony might looks sleek without a protective case, but I don't like this situation with VoLTE, and neither do I prefer the interface to LG's..