account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Clock freeze

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Clock freeze

The clock on the top bar keeps freezing. It stays behind the lock screen clock and the clock widget. And when it freezes my alarms dont go off. so for example I unlocked my phone at 10:12 am and looked again at 10:30am. The lock screen and the widget shows 10:30am but the top bar I see 10:12am

I read same issues about it and the solutions go like, 

do you have automatic time zone on, or 12h format on or screen rotation on. 

I tried all the solutions. Turning 12h format on solved the problem for 2 weeks but now it freezes again. 

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Clock freeze

Hi @ECECE, I am sorry to hear about this.

Have you been experiencing this for a long time or has it just started to happen? Also does this happen all the time or every once in a while?

The first thing that I suggest that you try is to restart your phone in safe mode in order to see if the clock behaves the same there. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

Another thing that you can try is to clear data for the app. This will reset all settings for the app which might do the trick. In order to do this, find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > App-info > Clock > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

Keep in mind that clearing data for the clock app will erase all recurring alarms, so if you have any of those, you will need to set them up again afterwards.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Deleting the data for the clock app seems to work for now.

For your question, I had this problem a few weeks ago then I restarted my phone. It was fine for a while until my clock froze again. 

If it happens again I will try the safe mode and let you know. 

Thanks so much Upside-down Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

No worries, @ECECE.

I am delighted to hear that you managed to make it work as intended again! 

Feel free to return if it occurs again or if you have further questions! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.